Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I have a Taurus Model 82 4" It is just a tad under a year old and has had 100 rounds through it. The cylinder is binding up. When I remove the cylinder and turn it in my hand, I can feel it bind free from the frame of the gun. I feel it is probably in the ejection rod, but I a not a gun smith. Any suggestions? I am thinking a trip to Florida is in order am I right? Love this gun. :eek:

·
Registered
31,902 Posts
Try screwing the ejection rod back in. They will commonly unscrew, lengthening the rod and cause binding.

If that doesn't do it, look under the ejection star to make sure there is no dirt or crud keeping it from seating properly in the cylinder.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Try screwing the ejection rod back in. They will commonly unscrew, lengthening the rod and cause binding.

If that doesn't do it, look under the ejection star to make sure there is no dirt or crud keeping it from seating properly in the cylinder.
Just tried that, Thanks. Didn't work. I am shipping it off on Monday unless someone here can give me some magical advice.

I hate sending it off, but it is what it is I guess. It will be missed while it is away. I do feel this is a good reason to through a tantrum and go out and buy a new gun. A Rossi R98104 in 22LR perhaps. Think I could get a discount? :cool:

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
31,902 Posts
Unscrew the ejection rod, remove it and the ejector and see if there is crud inside the cylinder tube,

It has to be crud somewhere!:)

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Try some Marvel mystery oil on it, cleared my model 66 right up.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unscrew the ejection rod, remove it and the ejector and see if there is crud inside the cylinder tube,

It has to be crud somewhere!:)
i'll check it out in the morning.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Help! I removed the cylinder. How to you remove the yoke from the cylinder? With my old Smith, it just slid off. Not so much with my 82. Any ideas????

·
Registered
695 Posts
Please look at the sticky at the beginning of the revolver forum for the guide to revolver disassembly. Lots of good info there with photos.

I tried to link to it in my previous post, but the link doesn't seem to work. I also am not able to edit my post. Sorry.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please look at the sticky at the beginning of the revolver forum for the guide to revolver disassembly. Lots of good info there with photos.

I tried to link to it in my previous post, but the link doesn't seem to work. I also am not able to edit my post. Sorry.
Thanks, Dennis. This is a big help. I am going to try this in the morning before my gun takes a trip to Miami, I want to clean between the yoke and the extraction pin. That is definately where it is binding.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. That worked great, and there was some crud down in there. Tomorrow, I'm going to break it down and do a deep cleaning with some clp.

Reactions: Dennis2477

·
Registered
695 Posts
Happy to help. Anytime we can fix it ourselves it is better than a trip to Miami! Plus we get better acquainted with our "tools." :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts