Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone remember seeing a Rossi revolver called Cyclops?Or Am I crazy?I think it was a 6" .357,and the cylinder was non-fluted.Problt from late 80'-early 90's not sure.I remember reading about it,did an internet search didn't find much.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see that some holster wizards mention it.Other than that can't find much.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I remember it. It got a nice write up in American Rifleman but..... I've never seen one on the auction sites ever!!! ( added photo )

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could of sworn it had a solid cylinder,but anyway it would be a great time for Tauras to re-introduce it as a 44mag wouldn't you think?

·
Super Moderator
35,284 Posts
The M971 I owned had an unfluted cylinder, a smallish sort of half K half J frame sized gun. Nice outdoor backpacking piece, quite light for a stainless gun. The 971 was also offered fluted and in blue and with a compensated barrel built in. My was a stainless 4" with unfluted cylinder. I'm not sure about the Cyclops, but it could have been offered both fluted and unfluted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You didn't see too many of those around. It seems it was 1 of the last Interarms Rossi's. I think I only saw 1 new 1 in a gun shop. Any Idea as to the value today?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts