Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my hands fit fine on my 111G2, but the curved lip on the magazine base-plate is dead in the middle of my pinkie finger. It is not uncomfortable as the recoil is low on the 111G2, but I have thought about either sanding it down to match the grip length wise, or evening the bottom of the magazine to the back of the frame and cutting the extension down. The first method of sanding it down length wise to the grip (straight off the front of the grip to the bottom of the extension) would look pretty cool, but I may have to back fill the magazine base with epoxy as the extension would be thin in the front. It would also take more work as the lip wraps around the sides and would need to be sanded there as well to remove all of the flare evenly.... The cut off to match the back of the frame would eliminate the stick out, and about 1/4" from the magazine length off the bottom, as well being easier to do. I am considering this, but did not see where anyone else had done something like this, so I figured I would post it here and see if there are any alternate ideas.

The blue line in the picture is the Cut-off-to-match-the-back-of-the-frame, and the red line is the Match-the-grip-lengthwise that I was talking about.

Grip mod.jpg

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Without actually holding the magazine , I am going to say forget about the blue line. At that depth, you will have cut all the way through the cap and into the bottom steel of magazine itself.

The red line, however is something you can do. That is really just a cap over the steel magazine, so you don't even have to epoxy fill it. That is more for filling in the back of the grip or backstrap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Scoutfish,

Forgot to post that, the blue line will be outside the base-plate, it is essentially loping off the extension only. All plastic, nothing structural or supportive. The red line would still leave enough to round off and have a lip, but it would be around 1/16" thick and may need some epoxy behind it to reinforce it for active use.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/millennium-pro-pistols/117335-pt-111-g2-mag-plate-mod.html

%#[email protected]*#, I swear I searched and did not see this ^ before.......

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
somebody on here did that already. I don't think they actually cut it off. I think they sanded it down. If I remember correctly, it worked out OK for them.

·
22,942 Posts
Looks like a job for a table-mounted belt sander!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found a 10 round mag for $20 at my LGS today for the PT111, so the project will continue.....

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I made the blue line cut on mine. Actually used a miter saw to do it too. The mag that I did it to is my go to mag for every day concealed carry. I posted a few pics somewhere in here.

Edit: Volfy beat me to it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Can't take credit for that. I was just quoting ReManG.

I did follow the link and saw what you did. Very nice job, and makes a lot of sense.:cool:

·
Registered
346 Posts
you could always just lose the pinkie.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you could always just lose the pinkie.

I had considered that, but it balances the look of the rest of my hand.... I have not had any time to do this mod, but I should by the weekend. As STUPIMLICO has done it one way, I shall do it the other way and report back here...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts