Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 months after first shooting my new PT111 Mil Pro, it started dropping the magazines constantly. Using info from this forum (see http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=6134.0), I contacted Taurus to get a new magazine release. Unfortunately it has been 6 weeks now, and even though I call them weekly, I still get the same response: "it is on backorder and will be in in 2 weeks." I am dismayed with their customer service and am regretting my purchase (which I researched extensively and was once very excited about) as it is unusable. One customer rep went so far as to say she would send out a used part until the new ones come in, but I never received anything. Does anybody have any advice for how to get better service from Taurus? BTW, I stopped by a local gun shop that I hadn't been in before, and despite having a large Taurus banner hanging up, they didn't have any Taurus merchandise. When I inquired as to why, he said he would never again sell Taurus because of ongoing customer support issues. Not a good sign.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
I feel your pain. I have always suggested that anyone calling any CS, should get the name of the person they talk too, and ask (insist) to talk to that person on repeat calls. That way you improve your chance of getting better service (I did not say necessarily everything you want), and providing them the opportunity to give you that service. If not you wind up going thru the story everytime you call, and getting told a canned response from the new CS person. I hope things work out for you in the mail this week. I hate back orders, (I had the same thing when I ordered some holsters). But the final product was what I needed.

·
32,737 Posts
Never had a problem with them.

Had a revolver some year ago, a 669, that had the sight come loose.Self inflicted ,too. Little ball bearing was lost as well. Sent the gun in and had it back with notes on what they did,no charge, and I hadn't sent the warranty card in. All inside 4 weeks.

Call them with questions every few weeks and they've answered everything pleasantly and factually.
Your complaint would have had more value to it if the "store owner's never going to sell more Taurus stuff" hadn't been implemented. It's used quite frequently by bashers and trolls at the larger gun forums. Got all the trollisms recorded and past complaints,real or imagined,from several large gun forums. Pays to have the history on such things

Seen that one too many times.
They never, nor does any business,send out used merchandise. Not of that kind. They're not in the business or habit of doing that.

Anyone here who's a regular member ever had that happen? I get parts for the guns on a regular basis when it's time to change out recoil springs and such. Like all guns,parts do wear out and need replacing. Never had trouble getting replacements. Took time ,yes.

These are regular things that need replacement after regular use. Even ordered mags from them. Never had what you claim happen.

Not that it can't. Haven't had any of the regular members complain about discourteous or incompetent staff either. Not like that.

I check with their low level managment and find out their practices. Giving out used parts is not one of them.
No gun manufacturer does that.
Can't say that in the past there haven't been a few who've had troubles with CS. However a while back Taurus took steps on that very issue and took care of that.

Normally the gun would go back for repair. That wasn't mentioned. Makes one wonder.
Yes, there are those who can do it themselves, but sending the gun in works better when they can see for themselves what the real problem is and then fix it.

Some of the details seem to be a bit hazy.

Speaking with supervisor would have been a step in the right direction as would sending the gun in.
Robby hit the nail on the head with his comments.

There are things you can do including writing the management, in care of the head of Taurus. Taurus has a new chief in charge who's a go getter. The old head died a short few months ago.

American Handgunner put that out as well as other periodicals.

If the complaint is legit then it will be dealt with by upper management if getting names and talking to lower CS managment doesn't work the way it should.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Qwiks draw, this was the exact response I expected from someone who will defend a brand to the end, and refuses to acknowledge and remedy any shortcomings. I realize that you have a lot invested in Taurus. This should make you, more than anybody, concerned. First, I have never mentioned to Taurus about the store that no longer sells their products. BTW, that store is L & S Distributing in Colorado Springs, (719) 578-1113, http://www.landsdistributing.com/. Call them and get affirmation if you need to. Second, it is clear that the magazine release, which takes 15 seconds to remove, is the issue. It is actually deformed on the tab that holds the magazine in place. Why would I spend $60 (next day air was the only legal way for me, a non-dealer, to send a gun) to send the whole gun, just to have them keep it indefinitely? Third, the customer service lady I spoke with a couple weeks back absolutely said she would send a used part out until new ones came in.

Qwiks draw said:
Never had a problem with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robby, thanks for the advice. I need to be better about dealing with CS reps. The next time I call Taurus (probably Friday), I will be sure to get the rep's name.

Robby said:
I feel your pain. I have always suggested that anyone calling any CS, should get the name of the person they talk too, and ask (insist) to talk to that person on repeat calls.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I agree with Robby, that it's important no matter who you deal with, to get the name of the person you talked to. But, that's still no excuse to get the same answer everytime you call.
It's not the customers fault. If you read through the different posts about Taurus CS, you'll see that it's been a problem, and continues to be a problem. And them requiring firearms be shipped next day air, I believe, is their way of discouraging customers to send in their firearms. I hope
you get your part soon. There are other suppliers that seem to stock more parts than Taurus does. Some members have just gone to other sources after getting tired of waiting.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
E, I'm sorry for Qwiks being a little gung ho like that. I hate to hear about your problems with them. It's definantly nt the first time I've seen someone mention a lack of CS, but unfortunantly, it's just something we have to deal with as consumers.

There used to be a guy that would frequent the forums that was from Taurus, let me dig his name up and I will PM you with it. Maybe you can ask for him and get some sort of remedy, if nothing else perhaps a straight answer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks like I'm not alone in this boat. Bought my PT111 last December and was at the range in April - only the third time I'd been able to go - when I ran into the mag-drop problem. I called Taurus (before I'd read about other folks with the same problem) and they said to pull the mag release and send it in for replacement. They received it on 4/17. I called after a few days and they said it should turn around in about 10 days. I guess they ran out of parts before they got to mine. I've called about once a week since then, and they're still on backorder. Sounds like the factory's having to crank out a lot of mag releases. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer. I really like the gun, and plan to keep it. :-\

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
I've had good luck with a guy named John I don't know his last name but they seem to know who he is when I've called.
Don't get to worried about a gun store with that attitude there are thousands of members here and we have all had good and bad expirence's with Taurus CS. As we have several LEO that realy on Taurus thats a good indorsment. Alot of us have Taurus guns that are 20 years old and shoot fine. I'm sorry you have been having a bad way to go but Taurus does come out with some good stuff. Buy the way Qwiks is a really nice guy that has helped alot of us with problems that could of taken alot longer to fix, he is a walking endless source of info.I'm sure you'll see what I mean, if you stick around hope everything works out for you :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
thunderjohn said:
And them requiring firearms be shipped next day air, I believe, is their way of discouraging customers to send in their firearms.
I think it's how the freight companies like FEDEX and UPS try to cut down on firearms "lost" during shipment. Fewer links in the system, fewer employees' hands-on, tighter inventorying, signatures required.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
We're still waiting.....what happened when you called Taurus? :???:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
eplummer1 said:
I usually call on Fridays (I don't know why). So hopefully tomorrow.
Yes, he did actually. (Check date stamp in above quote) ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry guys, work took over for a few days. I called today and spoke with Frank (Richard was out). He said the same thing, basically maybe a couple weeks, maybe a couple months. He said the Brazil operation is behind. When I asked about another contact that might have more info, he said he can only email Brazil and then Brazil might not respond. I pressed for him to email them (which he said would interfere with him helping other customers) and he finally said he would. I asked him to email me their response, but he said they cannot email out of the company. So he said I should call on Friday again.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I don't know this, but Ibelieve all the warranty work is sent to Brazil on a scheduled day, maybe like every Thursday or something, maybe even every other Wednesday or soemthing like that. I don't think they do any of the work here in the states.

It would make sense as so they would only have one set of technicians to train. It would also keep liability down as well.

I don't know tat any of that's true, but I've suspected it in the past.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Flyer, I was starting to think the same thing. except on minor issues that might be done in Miami. These days, air shipping a case of guns back to factory would probably be cheaper than training and maintaining a full staff of gun smiths in Miami.
Flyer said:
I don't know this, but Ibelieve all the warranty work is sent to Brazil on a scheduled day, maybe like every Thursday or something, maybe even every other Wednesday or soemthing like that. I don't think they do any of the work here in the states.

It would make sense as so they would only have one set of technicians to train. It would also keep liability down as well.

I don't know tat any of that's true, but I've suspected it in the past.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts