Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost this is not a rant on how bad Taurus customer service is. This is a positive post. I have four (4) Taurus pistols so you know I must trust them to keep buying them :). Well two of mines were acting up and not wanting to play well. The PT140 was having an issue with a sticky slide. Sent it in on 4/23/2012 and received it back 5/3/2012 with a note stating that I had a broken recoil spring. Ten day turnaround is pretty fast in my book. The 24/7 Long Slide 9mm was failing to lock the slide back on the last round and it had been sent to back for repair once before and they thought it was a bad magazine. This time I guess they really checked it out and found out I had a broken slide catch and slide catch spring wear (guess I put a lot of rounds downrange). Sent that one in the same day and just received it back today 5/30/2012 for a turnaround time of 37 days. It was still less than the 6 weeks they estimated the return so I'm happy with the repair times on both of my firearms.

Now before anyone asks no I have not taken them to the range yet to check the operation of the pistols.I wanted to wait until I had both of them back to test them together in case I need to send them back I would only have to send one box back. Besides I still have a few backup pistols in case I need them :). I will do a follow up to this post after I get to the range later on this week if not this weekend and let you know how they shoot. I did feel a bit naked without my PT140 as that was my daily carry but I used his big brother for a backup

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have sent in my PT101 & PT1911 & have no problems with them since. The turn around time was just A few weeks. I have 5 Taurus hand guns & love all of them!!

·
Super Moderator
37,204 Posts
Good to know that the progress that they ramped up some 18 months ago is still perpetuated. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know about this. I sent my 738 in 7 weeks ago. I called yesterday and it magically went from "received" to "in repair" today. I was quoted 4 weeks when I sent it in.
I do like the gun but this super fast turn around time I had read about here is not happening for me.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Bass3587,

I appreciate your taking the time to share your positive experience with Taurus Warranty Service.

Good luck when you take 'em out to the range. ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok here is my range report. First up was my EDC PT140. I started at the 7 yd line then moved to 10 yards. Ran 150 rounds through her for good measure and everything ran like butter except for one fail to fire round that I will attribute to ammo (PPU 180 grn). I even used my 24/7 15 round .40 cal magazine and that ran just perfect. I think I need to get the spacer if I continue to use that magazine in the PT 140. It's amazing how well this little gun can shoot. Next up was the 24/7 Long Slide 9mm at the same distance and number of rounds. I tested it first with two magazines loaded with 5 rounds a piece to see if the slide would lock back on the last round and every magazine worked just great. No issues! Man that felt good to have my pistols back in great working order.

I do have one other thing to say and I'm not bragging or anything because I'm not the best shot :) but the range I was at is a smaller range and there is 7 lanes and as I looked around at everyone else's targets and I looked at mines a big smile crept across my face. All those Glocks, S&W's and Springfields were all over the place and mines had a nice group all in the 9-10 range (with a few flyers). Both pistols were running great so I decided to do a few two the chest and one to the head drills and even those were on target except for a few flyers (got to be honest). So in all I'm pleased with the service from Taurus

Sig239 I hope Taurus gets on the job and get your pistol back to you soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts