Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've been lurking here a little while, but never posted. I had to send my 145 to Miami this week because of a dropping mag issue. I saw a thread recently about that, but can't seem to find it now. Got my receipt confirmation email today from Taurus saying a 4-wk turnaround time. I'm really hoping that is a form email and I get it back sooner. Anybody returned one lately? How long?

Of course, I received my new Crossbreed two days after I mailed the gun....I'm dying here!

EDIT: I should have previewed my post....can't spell service....

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

I was told two weeks for them to even look at it when I sent my 145 in back in the summer. It was probably 6 or 7 weeks before I got it back (replaced actually). The replacement had an issue right out of the box and I sent it in and it was back in two days. It is now my EDC gun.

Call them every couple of weeks to check the status. The online status doesn't work unless they have fixed it.

Good luck, they will make it right one way or another.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugg...that's not what I wanted to hear. I think it's a magazine catch problem, so it should be an easy fix.

Where in E. TX. I spent a few years in Houston. We're in NE now.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Hello all. I've been lurking here a little while, but never posted. I had to send my 145 to Miami this week because of a dropping mag issue. I saw a thread recently about that, but can't seem to find it now. Got my receipt confirmation email today from Taurus saying a 4-wk turnaround time. I'm really hoping that is a form email and I get it back sooner. Anybody returned one lately? How long?

Of course, I received my new Crossbreed two days after I mailed the gun....I'm dying here!

EDIT: I should have previewed my post....can't spell service....
Welcome from Texas! I sent my PT145 back last year to replace the barrel. It took less than 2 weeks. I liked the CS reps, they're nice and very helpful. I called them a couple of times to order parts (mags, mag sleeves, etc.). Again, they're super nice and were very helpful. Gotta love Taurus pistols and Taurus CS.

You can check the repair status from this page.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I sent my 145 in to them last month. I got it back the fallowing week. Though they did not fix it correctly, and I had to take it to a gunsmith to properly fix it, it did get back fast. I sent mine in for a guide rod to be fitted (the 3 they sent me before sending it in were to long causing it to stick out of the slide). When I got it back it was the same issue. But the smith fixed her up in a hour.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Hogwild.

I'll just bet that you'll be pleasantly surprised at the turnaround time and quality of service that you'll receive from Taurus.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I optimistic that you're right MilProGuy. Went by my dealer's place today for something else and he said he just got one back from them in 10 days. We'll see.

On another note, anybody carry a mouse gun sometimes? I'm looking at a Ruger LCP for occasional pocket carry. Fondled it again today...man that is one little-bitty gun. Put it in my front pocket and it looked exactly like the phone I usually carry there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I sent in my 24/7 after Christmas and got it back within 2 weeks. I was very pleased with the repairs and the turn around time.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
i love my lcp bought a tcp and the feed ramp is crap and wont chamber sent to taurus lets see if they fix it right and how long ill have to wait but my lcp 525 rounds and not one problem my brothers is the same taurus tcp not even one round go with ruger

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got to be a world record. Got the 145 back on Friday...9 days door to door.

Turns out the magazine catch was busted. They replaced it and it is definitely a different shape. Took her to the range yesterday. 150 rds of white box and 20 rounds of RangerT, all through 4 different mags with no issues.

I'm a happy man.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Registered
24 Posts
You might want to check out Ranch Dogs thread, he had some 145 issues and dealt with customer service. Seemed like a very positive experience!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Got to be a world record. Got the 145 back on Friday...9 days door to door.

Turns out the magazine catch was busted. They replaced it and it is definitely a different shape. Took her to the range yesterday. 150 rds of white box and 20 rounds of RangerT, all through 4 different mags with no issues.

I'm a happy man.
Good to hear another positive experience with Taurus CS. Taurus will take good care of our Taurus pistols when problems arise.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Ugg...that's not what I wanted to hear. I think it's a magazine catch problem, so it should be an easy fix.

Where in E. TX. I spent a few years in Houston. We're in NE now.
I had the same problem and had mine back in 10 days

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it looks like I might have to send the 145 back to Miami. Went to the range yesterday and after about 50 rds had a FTF. Tap, rack, bang, except there was no bang..again. It looks like I have an issue with the firing pin mechanism now. After unloading, the it felt light when dry firing. Took it home and couldn't figure out how to take the firing pin mechanism out. I bathed it in hoppes and used a very small brush to clean it as best as I could, then let it drain and dry. The firing pin drop feels harder now, but I'm not optimistic. Going to swing by the range after work. Right now, I'm not very happy with this gun.

Does anybody know how to take the firing pin assembly out of this gun (Gen 3 145 pro). Not much on the interwebs about the gen 3. I would like to at least see if it's damaged before I send it back. There is a chance that the firing pin channel is just gunked up.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I carry a "mouse gun" (Ruger LCP) all the time during my winter visit to the southwest. Love it. I find the only problem is while
driving. You won't be able to get it out quickly, so I leave it out but concealed under something. It's a point and shoot with a laser.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Does anybody know how to take the firing pin assembly out of this gun (Gen 3 145 pro). Not much on the interwebs about the gen 3. I would like to at least see if it's damaged before I send it back. There is a chance that the firing pin channel is just gunked up.

Thanks in advance.
Removing the striker assembly is very simple and easy. It took me less than 5 mins the 1st time.

Breaking down the Slide/Striker

You can also find some video on removing the striker pin on YouTube.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well, it looks like I might have to send the 145 back to Miami. Went to the range yesterday and after about 50 rds had a FTF. Tap, rack, bang, except there was no bang..again. It looks like I have an issue with the firing pin mechanism now. After unloading, the it felt light when dry firing. Took it home and couldn't figure out how to take the firing pin mechanism out. I bathed it in hoppes and used a very small brush to clean it as best as I could, then let it drain and dry. The firing pin drop feels harder now, but I'm not optimistic. Going to swing by the range after work. Right now, I'm not very happy with this gun.

Thanks in advance.
Before this thread gets banish to "The Land of Chronic Complainers" take a look at this thread.....

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/millennium-pro-pistols/45621-light-firing-pin-hits.html

I know there are more threads about how to disassemble the striker....but I don't have time to search for more right now....

Mike

·
Registered
120 Posts
oops, I see Taurus10 found what I was talking about....

Mike

1 - 20 of 33 Posts