Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
My opinion: they are already inundated with calls and not enough cs staff to handle those. I have a feeling that they are afraid to do this because they would probably need multiple new cs staff just to handle email. I would imagine that the logistics of handling phone requests and then having to match those with email from the same customers would be a nightmare... But maybe, once they have received your weapon for repair, the rep handling your work order could supply you with their email, that might be more doable...

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm fairly sure that S&W is inundated with calls as well....they still answer emails within 48 hours....every time.

Maybe the key....as stated above....is to enlarge the CS staff to handle the volume.

If you wanna play with the big boys, you need to have similar toys.

·
Registered
31,897 Posts
I would like to see better parts availability for at least the current models, I don't think there is much I couldn't fix myself on my Taurus handguns, but I would like a program like Eagle Imports has for Bersa, Firestorm and the American classic that doesn't require talking to a live person, just point and click and checkout.

Reactions: righty

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
My opinion: they are already inundated with calls and not enough cs staff to handle those. I have a feeling that they are afraid to do this because they would probably need multiple new cs staff just to handle email. I would imagine that the logistics of handling phone requests and then having to match those with email from the same customers would be a nightmare... But maybe, once they have received your weapon for repair, the rep handling your work order could supply you with their email, that might be more doable...
YES!! From 12/2011 till 04/2012, I had 3 G2s make FIVE trips to Miami. After the first one 'broke', I'm now on my second replacement. Maybe email isn't the best solution, but something has to be better than repeating yourself 47 times (each time you call and get a different CS Rep), and then the letter you sent in the box goes off with that one sock from the clothes dryer, and nobody knows or has a record of what you're talking about. Perhaps emails, after you're 'in the system' could better coordinate the repair process between 'smiths/techs and CS Reps.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Funny you guys mention it. I sent them a letter a few days ago asking for a quotation for some replacement springs, and suggestions for email contact and for a published list of parts to go hand in hand with their order form already online.

I forgot to mention in my initial post, yeah, I was annoyed by how I have to wait 20 minutes every time to talk to someone at cust. service for some trivial and routine transaction requiring no discussion.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I'm fairly sure that S&W is inundated with calls as well....they still answer emails within 48 hours....every time.

Maybe the key....as stated above....is to enlarge the CS staff to handle the volume.

I have had that experience with Smith. They are really 'on the stick' with CS. When I had trigger trouble with my Bodyguard, they sent me a printable bar-coded return label immediately and sent Fed Ex next day. My Bodyguard was fixed and returned inside of 10 days. Those guys mean business.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts

S&W has an online warranty request, you make your request online with your serial number and the problem your having, they email you a prepaid shipping & return label including insurance. Print it out and take your gun to FedEx the total shipping cost is covered by S&W.
I haven't had to use my Taurus waranty, but i have my S&W

·
Administrator
35,281 Posts
If they had one person dedicated to responding to emails, that had access to the repair database, that would be terrific. Of course the repair guys would have to be vigilant in updating the database too.

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I got in this with Taurus a few years ago and I don't think it has changed. I was told that their IT department filters out ALL external email, so nothing you send will get through. As far as their Internet presence, Bob Morrison told me they were paying an outside company to "maintain a Taurus presence" on the Internet, but I have never heard of them or even know of anything they have ever done. If I were running Taurus I would have dumped them a long time ago, as well as realigned some attitudes in IT about filtering email. JMHO

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Handling email can quickly become a nightmare, requiring someone with a headful of answers to be at the computer contiuously, patiently, patiently answering increasingly hot letters from irate customers. Would you like to volunteer for that job? Not me.

Reactions: righty

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I got in this with Taurus a few years ago and I don't think it has changed. I was told that their IT department filters out ALL external email, so nothing you send will get through. As far as their Internet presence, Bob Morrison told me they were paying an outside company to "maintain a Taurus presence" on the Internet, but I have never heard of them or even know of anything they have ever done. If I were running Taurus I would have dumped them a long time ago, as well as realigned some attitudes in IT about filtering email. JMHO
I can understand their concerns with being a foreign manufacture and importer of guns, or anything, and the gubmint mandated documentation (Sarbanes Oxley, etc), but they are hurting themselves in the long run if they don't find a way to accommodate their consumers the way so many others have. IMHO. I'd never 'bash', but given the hassles that things turn into, it could play a factor in consideration of 'less hassled' options for future purchases.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let's keep in mind that Bob Morrison is out and a new, more progressive Mark Kresser is in. I can see things changing rapidly.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Again if anyone from Taurus is listening, Here are some important ways to improve the Taurus experience:

1. Establish a customer service email address and make sure someone is answering the mail on a timely basis.

2. Get rid of the outsourced internet presence company and establish an online presence, hopefully here on TaurusArmed.net, by having a couple of your gunsmiths answer questions about your products, and a marketing rep to answer questions about new products and events. Honest and timely information will always be your best defense against misinformation and complaints.

3. Use the Internet for customer feed back and float marketing ideas, like a small production run of Bisley style Gauchos so we know when to go looking before they are all gone.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
This thread is very close to belonging in the complaints section. Obviously some of you haven't read the guidelines for using this section. If you wouldn't mind, please read them. There are posts in this thread that should be deleted. Come on y'all keep it positive.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Funny you guys mention it. I sent them a letter a few days ago asking for a quotation for some replacement springs, and suggestions for email contact and for a published list of parts to go hand in hand with their order form already online.

I forgot to mention in my initial post, yeah, I was annoyed by how I have to wait 20 minutes every time to talk to someone at cust. service for some trivial and routine transaction requiring no discussion.
It's been about two weeks, but I haven't received a reply. :(

USPS can't be THAT slow?

·
Administrator
39,689 Posts
This thread is very close to belonging in the complaints section. Obviously some of you haven't read the guidelines for using this section. If you wouldn't mind, please read them. There are post in this thread that should be deleted. Come on y'all keep it positive.
BigSkiff says it best. This thread is closed. Feel free to start another. After reviewing this sections guidelines, of course.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.