Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just call Taurus customer service to inquire about the availability of the PT709. The person I spoke to did not speak English very well. Sounded kind of like what you get from a tech help center, if you know what I mean. Anyway, first she did not know of the PT709. When I assured her that it did exist, I was told late summer, early fall.
Oh well, it looked good on paper.

·
Registered
876 Posts
They are in Miami...could it be someone with a Spanish accent?

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
You can get someone with an accent working in a call center anywhere. I work part-time contract security at a local call center. I also recently upgraded my cell phone (same company). When I had an issue I call in, the person I got is arabic (don't know which country). I knew who I was talking to when he said his first name :) so yes, it can be anywhere.

Steelheart

·
Registered
118 Posts
The other day I called Comcast tech help and got some guy in Texas. That drawl made him so hard to understand, I hung up and kept calling back until I got someone with a normal Indian accent. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Hispanics in Miami sometimes have a heavy Spanish accent. I dont think they outsource

·
Administrator
40,153 Posts
MrTuffPaws said:
The other day I called Comcast tech help and got some guy in Texas. That drawl made him so hard to understand, I hung up and kept calling back until I got someone with a normal Indian accent. :D
What a ugly thing to say. Does this mean we're not friends anymore? (Spoken with a Texas drawl) :drool:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rwcreigh said:
are you sure you did not call HP or dell???lol
Nope, I build my own computers. And the service rep. wasn't from Texas, she seemed intelligent enough. :D

·
Super Moderator
21,623 Posts
Looky hear y'all even though I was raised in Yankee country don't mean squat. I can still understand a southern drawl. but I refuse to speak spanish. I've called twice and the 1st time was a women that I could not understand (spanish), the second time was a guy who was a big help and if anything had a northern accent. I wish all customer service was as helpfull as him.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya know, thinking back it could have been a yankee that answered the phone. (not that there's anything wrong with that) :D :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts