Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very disappointed in my latest contact with Taurus Costomer Service. First of all, I spent over 5 hours trying to contact someone as the company was on vacation without any notification on their web site or in their automated answering system. More importantly, last October I sent my 44 mag in for warrented service as the cylinders needed honing. This revolver was made in 2011 and after only 75 to 100 rounds the cartriges became very difficlut to eject. The revolver was returned to me with more problems than it had when I sent it in for service. As winter in New England set in early I never had a chance to bring it to the range for test firing until this spring. When I loaded it and closed the cylinder I noticed (lucky I did) that the cylinder spun freely. If I had fired it, I am sure it would have ended in a disaster. As I wanted to know what the problem was and could not contact Taurus, I had our gunsmith look it over. He found that the cylinder stop plunger and spring had been left out when Taurus had reassembled it. If you return a revolver to Taurus for service and the initials of the service tech or (?) gunsmith show on the lable as RJ, pay close attention to the condition of the firearm as diffently he does not. Taurus claims that they test fire all firearms before they are returned. If this revolver was test fired, the service tech must be the luckest person on earth to have the cylinder and barrel line up correctly. I feel that if I had not been paying attention, I would not be able to write this post as I would have been left me severly injured or dead. We have sold hundreds of Taurus handguns in our shop and never had any issues but this time, customer service will not stand behind their poor service and want me to return the revolver at my cost for their mistake. It has been returned for service again but I sure hope it arrive back this time in firing condition. Taurus makes a fine gun but they need to pay more attention to what is being sent back to their customers. :(:eek::mad:

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. I am beginning to think that Mr Kresser needs to do a top down review of their CS system and start to revamp as needed. There are way too many complaints about the results that customers are getting with repairs to their products.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. You state 'we have sold hundreds of Taurus handguns in our shop and never had an issue but this time'. That sounds like a pretty good track record. When you received the gun back, you state that winter set in early and you tested it out in the spring. Several months had past and you want them to pay to ship it in again? Their life time warranty policy is great, but they can't be expected to pay for shipping forever. How do they know, after months have past, that their gunsmith was responsible for the missing part? I don't blame them for asking you to ship it on your dime. They will fix it for you, but you should have checked it out a long time ago. The ball was in your court, and you dropped it. And since this is your first post, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My guess is that with the recent uptick in sales in the last year or so, both the manufacturing quality has taken a minor hit as has the service department. This, in my opinion is due to two things, trying to keep up with a rapidly increasing demand and new employees who are not yet seasoned. This is to be expected in any industry during a boom period. It does not make your experience any less frustrating. As you know, when the kinks are worked out, Taurus makes a great product. I would imagine almost all gun manufacturers are going through the same issues right now. I would also imagine that Taurus is getting hit worse than others. This is not due to lower quality, but the willingness to accept responsibility for the life of their product. If this had been another manufacturer, you may not have bothered sending it back if it would cost $40 to ship and another $100 to fix. Please be patient as Taurus is try to make it right, they usually do.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
You do realize that TaurusArmed.net is not a part of the Taurus Holdings organization...and that posting this here will not eventually send a message to the Taurus organization?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I bought a Raging Judge 3" and had to send it back a couple days later with an issue with the extractor rod and cases bulging due to the cylinders being improperly machined. Received it back in a week and a half! Only problem is they didn't replace the bent rod (said there was no problem) and stated they replaced the cylinder! Was a little bummed bout the rod, but hey I could replace that if they sent a new one, however was SLIGHTLY PO'd when I found they DID NOT replace the cylinder! It was the same exact cylinder, (took pictures of flaws on the exterior of the cylinder). Sent it back, hope they get it right next time!

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
The whole company was on vacation?

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Thanks for joining TA with a complaint for your first post. I know I enjoy those. And two on the first page of the same thread thats a first for me. Welcome Dick and welcome Snakey.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well I'm only half complaining, at least my Raging Bull 44 shoots like a champ! :D I LOVE that thing so much! I just don't get how things seem inconsistent with Taurus ATM. They are so much on the right track but have a couple things they need to get a handle on. I so want to buy a couple more of their revolvers and be impressed like I was with my Bull, but nervous about having to deal with issues right out of the box again! Got my fingers crossed! And thanks for the welcome!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The one-post wonder has left the building.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts