Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Customer Service done right...

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  daytonaredeye 
#1 ·
Just wanted to share my recent (5 minutes ago) CS experience ...from SCCY. I'd been dry firing my CPX2 (for the record, hadn't been using snap caps, but probably should) and the firing pin broke and the end shot across the room. :eek:

I called SCCY CS, got a person within about 5 minutes. I told her what happened and she asked for my SN. She then volunteered a complete new slide assembly and barrel. I told her that I was comfortable swapping out the firing pin, but she informed me that there had been some significant improvements made to the barrel, firing pin, and extractor since my Serial Number had been produced and this would take care of me properly.

The part goes out tomorrow along with a prepaid shipping package to return my slide assembly. No questions at all, no admonishments that I should be using snap caps, nothing.

Needless to say, I am very pleased with this. I will also fabricate a set of snap caps...

#19 ·
It’s the thing that supposedly fell leading to all those liberal, . . . uh, I mean Chicken Little, rumors.

Well, GLOCK dropped their finger grooves for the Gen5 line. I bought one and, to be totally honest, I like the Gen4 line with finger grooves. A lot of folks here have dremeled their finger grooves flat and were happy with the outcome so might wanna do that.

Reactions: Yissnakk
#4 ·
The thing shoots great, manages recoil pretty well for its size (on par with the PT111) and I generally appreciate the design and find it comfortable. It's a DAO trigger and hammer fired so it has a long, but very consistent pull, a clean break, and a long reset. It takes a little getting used to, but not much. It's pull is actually quite a bit less than the DA on my PX4 Storm too (of course no comparison to SA...) and they regularly sell for around $200 (just like the PT111)

#6 ·
I've shot one of them before and heard about their customer service so I really wanted to like it. The problem was the finger groves. They're way too small for my meat hooks. A real downer honestly. Otherwise, I would probably own one.

#10 ·
For the price of one, you could just sand off the finger grooves...people do it (well did it after Gen 1 and until Gen5) with their Glocks all the time.

Their CPX3 (which has been taking even longer to hit the shelves than the Spectrum) is a double-stack .380 ACP in the same format as the CPX2 but a bit shorter - not nearly as small as the Spectrum, but a double-stack .380 that isn't a Bersa Thunder XL...might be interesting...

#7 · (Edited)
I have multiple SCCY cxp2's.

They are great value guns and if you've shot a double action only revolver, you'll be right at home with the trigger on them.

I've seen the cpx2 as low as $169 shipped at times from recoil gun works. [emoji106]

Edit to add:

Thanks for posting your experience with their CS department Yissnakk.
:cool:

#8 ·
One of us should email them a copy of your most complimentary post- Maybe they would send you some snap caps...

#12 ·
Just wanted to post a follow-up/final to this issue - I received the complete slide assembly, including new barrel and recoil spring on 01/18, along with a postage paid shipping envelope to send back the original slide assembly. 3 days.

The new part had just enough carbon on it to indicate that it had been test fired but wasn't filthy at all and just looks perfect. I now dry fire with a spent cartridge in the chamber and will eventually construct myself a few snap caps (I'm cheap like that :)) - even though the company told me that dry-firing without should be no issue at all.

Now, if Taurus could get to a level of CS even close to this, they'd be the number one Gun company in the US.

#13 ·
Recently took my CZ SP-01 tactical to my sons place to shoot, after I was putting the gun up in the range bag and noticed that the front tritium sight was dead.
so after I got home I E mailed CZ -USA and explained the weapon was about 14 months old and what had happened and asked what they could do for me if anything.
about 2 hours alter I got a E mail back , attached was a mailing label and was instructed to put a return service number on the package and send it to them.
they had the weapon 2 days and it was returned to me with a new front tritium sight.
Now I would also mention that this is not even a CZ made sight but another manufactures sight they use.
total charge was 40 bucks, but then was zeroed out with warranty repair marked on it and a nice little hand note on the receipt, we appreciate you being a CZ customer.
I have had excellent customer service from Beretta and Ruger as well.

#16 · (Edited)
It sounds like the CS people are a bit more informed about their product and issues they are having. How easy it would have been to just send a new fireing pin and forget about it. When I was having sight problems with the PT 840 I tried explaining how many thousands I needed on the front sight but couldn't get through to them all they understood was small medium and large I received the same front sight three times that's when I decided for a set of Williams adjustable sights and I liked the option so much I have put adjustables on all the pistols I've bought since. A good competent Customer Service is a must for a company and in order to have one, the people need to have a good working knowledge of of their product.
Last week when I placed an order with Dillon I needed to talk to someone who would know exactly what all I needed to make this change over to the large primer and the gentleman knew what all I needed he was very up on his product

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.