Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
17,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I've called them their phone system is noisy, the music cuts in and out (which might not be a bad thing), and some recording of an old guy with a New York Accent keeps coming on every 30 seconds to tell you they're all busy helping other customers. A new phone system would help, some more contemporary music would be nice, and they have professional voice people you know.

It took 10 minutes to get through (not bad), and they had the PT638 magazines in stock, which I've heard were hard to get, but they took my order so let's hope it's not a mistake.

CSR named Noel, nice guy to deal with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The system is annoying but atleast there is something to listen to than dead air, 10 minutes is fast.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Every time I've called them their phone system is noisy, the music cuts in and out (which might not be a bad thing), and some recording of an old guy with a New York Accent keeps coming on every 30 seconds to tell you they're all busy helping other customers. A new phone system would help, some more contemporary music would be nice, and they have professional voice people you know.

It took 10 minutes to get through (not bad), and they had the PT638 magazines in stock, which I've heard were hard to get, but they took my order so let's hope it's not a mistake.

CSR named Noel, nice guy to deal with.
I talked with Noel last month when I called to order the OSS parts. He's a very nice gentleman and was very helpful.

·
17,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope I didn't hurt the N.Y. guy's feelings........

·
17,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The system is annoying but atleast there is something to listen to than dead air, 10 minutes is fast.
Except the music cuts in and out, with dead air in between, lots of static. I try to call mid-morning or mid-afternoon. Lunch time is a problem, they want to go to lunch and everybody wants to call at lunch. I've never waited for more than 15 minutes.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
It seems like the best CS folks keep coming up. I have spoken w/ Noel before, and he seemed like a nice fellow -- very efficient too!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I've had a lot of experience over the passed few months, and it seems to me that the biggest problem is with the system itself, NOT the people. It would be great if Taurus would join the 21st century and let the accessories function as a stand alone web store, and free the people to deal with warranty issues. I ordered 3 mags for my PT101P about 2 weeks ago, but didn't receive yet, and no transaction posted on my bank account. I called today, and found out there was a 'problem'. Don't know what the problem was, but probably a 'human error' between me giving info over the phone, and getting it entered correctly for the order. If I hadn't called in to check, then nothing would have happened, but now things are moving. Unnecessary hassle that could have been avoided with a web store and email confirmations, IMHO. Technology is a tool, I wish they would use it.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I waited a half hour the last time i called
If Nissan offered a lifetime warranty on my new Sentra, and I had problems with it, I wouldn't mind waiting "on hold" for thirty minutes. ;)

My Taurus CS experiences have been very positive, in that, I may wait for an inordinate amount of time to speak to a CS representative, but once they get on the line with me they are courteous, helpful, and don't mind taking the time to understand the issue(s) and assist me in how to proceed.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I've had a lot of experience over the passed few months, and it seems to me that the biggest problem is with the system itself, NOT the people. It would be great if Taurus would join the 21st century and let the accessories function as a stand alone web store, and free the people to deal with warranty issues. I ordered 3 mags for my PT101P about 2 weeks ago, but didn't receive yet, and no transaction posted on my bank account. I called today, and found out there was a 'problem'. Don't know what the problem was, but probably a 'human error' between me giving info over the phone, and getting it entered correctly for the order. If I hadn't called in to check, then nothing would have happened, but now things are moving. Unnecessary hassle that could have been avoided with a web store and email confirmations, IMHO. Technology is a tool, I wish they would use it.
I agree. I have said a few times here that I wished Taurus had a web store like Ruger Online Store.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
If Nissan offered a lifetime warranty on my new Sentra, and I had problems with it, I wouldn't mind waiting "on hold" for thirty minutes. ;)

My Taurus CS experiences have been very positive, in that, I may wait for an inordinate amount of time to speak to a CS representative, but once they get on the line with me they are courteous, helpful, and don't mind taking the time to understand the issue(s) and assist me in how to proceed.
Its not really a complaint to me, I just hate waiting :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have called Taurus three times that I can remember now. I don't remember to long of a wait time. Two of the times it was to get replacement parts and one was with a mag problem that they sent me two new mags for no charge. For the most part, I would say very good service.
Now I had the occasion to call Glock CS two days ago. There wasn't any wait time at all. The call was transferred right staight to a rep. That was the good part. The bad part was, because I am not a certified Glock Armorer, they wouldn't send me the part I needed. They would send it to an armorer for no cost, but not to me. It was only a $3 part, but they wouldn't send it.
SO, at the very least with Taurus, you can get the things that you need. It may be a wait, but you can get results.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
In the interest of full disclosure, and positive affirmation...

They deserve the blame when they get stuff wrong, but when they get it right, they deserve full credit. I fussed here on 4/24 about my messed up phone order, after the second call, I received my mags TODAY 4/27. SWEET!! :)

·
Super Moderator
26,856 Posts
I posted on here about a month ago about CS...waited on hold for about 15 mins...even named the tunes on hold played, all US patriotic...got my bits within a week! The lady was very nice...and when i asked if I couls get an extra...just in case.....she said no problem....this was a 2mm screw!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I waited on hold 30 minutes last Wednesday, then hung up. Called again, waited 15 minutes and got Noel as well. Helpful but I wonder which it is that causes the long waits.

Noel is the only guy that takes calls? Or they are flooded with 'issues'.

-178S

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
......I have said a few times here that I wished Taurus had a web store like Ruger Online Store.
Sounds like a post that needs to be in the new section. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts