1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday, October 8, 2015 08:00:55 AM
Pre-Chat Survey
Your Name:Me

Welcome to taurususa “Me”, saragon will be right with you. Your chat ID is SMX100815120059-4930.

saragon 08:01:00 AM
Thank you for contacting Customer Care. My name is Samantha. I will be assisting you today!

Me 08:02:25 AM
:Your website's "Warranty Status Repair" still does not show any information for the pistol you received two months ago. I was previously informed fom this "Chat" facilty that information would be available. What's going on?

saragon 08:03:00 AM
I do apologize our system is down due to the enhancements being made to our site. We are aware and are working on promptly getting back up and running.

Me 08:03:17 AM
It has actually transitioned from no information there to "Invalid Serial or Zipcode Number" although both are valid.

saragon 08:03:25 AM
We can definitely assist you on checking the status via chat or over the phone.

Me 08:04:26 AM
Thank you. Pleaase do check for me now. ALSO - I have heard that some other customers returning Millenium Pro pistols for repair have received information that NOTHING would be done on them until January 2016. Can you confirm or deny?

saragon 08:05:57 AM
I can definitely assist you on checking the status of your service order. The court will direct when details about the settlement will be published, so we can't speak to the proposed settlement. The firearms that are sent in are for inspection.

saragon 08:06:01 AM
If you would please for security reasons verify the address on the account?

Me 08:06:44 AM
Then kindly inform me of the results of status of the inspection. Address [given to them here]

saragon 08:07:22 AM
Thank you we received the firearm 8/7/2015 10:51:30 AM in our repair department. Currently going through the inspection process.

Me 08:08:11 AM
It has been "currently" going through since I first inquired late August. Please be more specific as to exactly what stage in the process it's at -- details appreciated.

saragon 08:08:58 AM
We apologize for the inconvenience we do not have any further updates at this time.

Me 08:09:59 AM
I know you're replying from some kind of "canned script" to my questions. To whom can I speak at Taurus via phone to get actual REAL information, not the responses probably drafted by your legal department.

saragon 08:08:00 AM
At this time this is the information that is on your service order any one that you speak to will have the same information.

Me 08:08:41 AM
When will there be an update to this generic and not very helpful status information?

saragon 08:14:07 AM
We apologize at this time we do not have an estimated time frame for the next update.

Me 08:15:27 AM
OK - as I'm sure they know, but please make note to the Taurus management team that their handling of this situation is frustrating long-time Taurus previously-satisfied customers and their reputation for warranty service and customer care is in jeopardy.

saragon 08:16:02 AM
We understand I will notate this on your account

Me 08:16:48 AM
Thank you for that BUT noting on my account is not sufficient. Please talk to one of your marketing folks ([name given here] for example) and let him know.

saragon 08:17:24 AM
I can notate your request

Me 08:18:32 AM
I don't think that is effectively responsive to what I requested. Please TALK to someone (or send them an email, whatever is the internal protocol in Taurus. Nobody is going to read a note on my account.

saragon 08:19:37 AM
Yes the notes are read on the account there is not an email I can send at this time.

Me 08:20:11 AM
I'm sorry for you being stuck in a position where you cannot be more helpful. Bye.

Me has ended the chat.

Post-Chat Survey
Please leave a short response regarding the quality of service provided to you by our Operators.

Helpful attitude but her being stuck with that "canned script" is irritating and frustrating. I'm especially unhappy that she would not (or could not) forward my concerns but could only "notate" them on my account.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nothing is going to happen until January, at least. Contacting the chat lady will get you nowhere. You took a calculated risk in sending back the firearm as soon as you did. Everything will get resolved....but not until January, at least.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
That's why I would have simply sat back and watched to see some actual resolutions. The waiting game on these things can be absolutely insane sometimes.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just got off of chat with Taurus, my gun has been shipped. Got a tracking number and everything...arrives tomorrow.

Samantha is a DOLL!!!
Can you furnish more details, such as are you referring to a "recalled" firearm you returned, what model, when did you send in it?

Joe P

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Can you furnish more details, such as are you referring to a "recalled" firearm you returned, what model, when did you send in it?

Joe P
Joe, it was a Milpro PT140. I sent it in July 1 of this year, before I heard of the "recall".
If the trigger was pulled slightly to the rear, then the safety was engaged, it could still be fired. Also, if the safety was engaged and any pressure was put on the trigger, the safety would not disengage.

I contacted Taurus via their chat every week for an update. I received the Sgt. Shultz treatment too (I know nothing, I see nothing), the first few weeks, but the last 3 weeks, they did acknowledge they had the gun. It was being inspected and I would be getting a replacement pistol.
Last Wednesday they said it was being processed, it would be cleaned, shot, cleaned again and shipped in 2-3 weeks. FedEx tracking says it shipped yesterday 2 day delivery.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I also have a G2 111, its not the gun I sent in. I've had no problems with the G2111.
Thanks for the additional details.

Joe P

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I hope this means things are being processed for everyone.
Good luck to you all. II'll post again when I pick up the replacement.

·
Super Moderator
39,257 Posts
Joe, it was a Milpro PT140. I sent it in July 1 of this year, before I heard of the "recall".
If the trigger was pulled slightly to the rear, then the safety was engaged, it could still be fired. Also, if the safety was engaged and any pressure was put on the trigger, the safety would not disengage.

I contacted Taurus via their chat every week for an update. I received the Sgt. Shultz treatment too (I know nothing, I see nothing), the first few weeks, but the last 3 weeks, they did acknowledge they had the gun. It was being inspected and I would be getting a replacement pistol.
Last Wednesday they said it was being processed, it would be cleaned, shot, cleaned again and shipped in 2-3 weeks. FedEx tracking says it shipped yesterday 2 day delivery.
Are they sending you a comparable pistol? Caliber and value?

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
Yes, a PT140 G-2. At least that's what they said they were sending. But I would have taken anything, just to get something.
Oh darn, I thought you were getting your original pistol back. Repaired.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Oh darn, I thought you were getting your original pistol back. Repaired.
Honestly, I think it's cheaper for them to just send the G2 rather than trying to fix the Milpro.
The cost of engineering the fix, making the parts, then installing them on a $200+/- gun may not be worth it.

They can sell the old ones somewhere around the world to make their money back.

·
Registered
17,752 Posts
I've generally had good luck with the online customer service except on anything technical. They seem to just read the manual and repeat what they see. I talked to one of them last night about moving the rear sight on my new PT92 and she referred me to page 24 of their online PDF manual, which covered rear sight adjustment on the PT99. I told her (for the second time) that mine was a fixed sight PT92 and she said "well if it's a fixed sight, you can't adjust it". I know they can be removed and all I wanted to know was, when I place the nylon block against it and whack it with a hammer, will it shear off a retaining pin. She didn't know.

I also called about removing the locking block for cleaning and you could tell she was reading the manual. "Insure that the firearm is unloaded and the barrel is pointed in a safe direction". I told her that the barrel was laying on my desk. That call was unsuccessful and I never managed to get the locking block out. Looks like if I really want it out I'll have to drive the locking block plunger retaining pin out.

In general, I find better information here by reading the posts of people who've worked on them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mr. Osbornk, I've also talked to Samantha Aragon on the phone several times.
She goes out of her way to be polite, professional and helpful.

In CS, everyone calls with an issue.
She does this all day long.
She works within the guidelines given her.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Mr. Osbornk, I've also talked to Samantha Aragon on the phone several times.
She goes out of her way to be polite, professional and helpful.

In CS, everyone calls with an issue.
She does this all day long.
She works within the guidelines given her.
That's why I suspect there are several using the same name.

·
Super Moderator
39,257 Posts
That's why I suspect there are several using the same name.
I don't think so .. a company needs to know who is handling their customers, especially in a high liability business like a firearms company.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts