Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a .45mm Taurus 24/7 PTO. I have looked and looked and looked for different websites that have anything to do with custom parts for my gun, im lookin for sliders, grips, barrels, lights and/or lasers. Ya know just different parts for my PRO. Even if its not a website especially designed for the taurus, it could be a website that just sells different holsters, grips, lights and lasers and stuff.

I Have more than just my taurus so i was hopin that i could get more websites than just specifically for the taurus 24/5-PRO.

Anyway, thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out

Davee

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome to the board!

There's some forums here that discuss holsters.

Google search can be a very handy tool.

Cheaper than dirt, Midway USA, Natchez all have
the universal stuff.

The 24/7 is still pretty new, replacement parts will
need to come from Taurus.

·
Administrator
35,526 Posts
Steve Bedair has a company that can make a steel guide rod to replace the plastic one in your 24/7 Pro. You have to send him your factory guide rod so he can make one for your gun. I'm considering doing this with my 24/7 45acp.....here is the link:

http://guiderod.com/specialorders.html

There are many holsters that will accomodate your gun....I have a Crossbreed Supertuck on order, he custom makes them and it takes 4 weeks for him to make it. Here is the link for them:

http://crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html

Good luck !!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just curious what would the stainless rod make a difference with.

·
Administrator
35,526 Posts
Well, I suppose that the plastic rod could become brittle over time, or break under certain conditions....I'm seriously considering trying it out, and keeping the old rod in case I ever sold the gun someday, which I don't plan on doing.......

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got excited when I thought I can get a stainless version of the existing dual spring set up for my 24/7 pro 9mm. I emailed Steve Bedair & below is the message I received. Oh well.

CS,
Sorry but I can't make the dual spring rods in stainless.
Wish I could be of more help.
Thanks,
Steve

Bedair Machine Works
Steve Bedair

--- On Mon, 5/26/08, Scott Tripp <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Guiderod for the 24/7 pro 9mm
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, May 26, 2008, 6:04 PM

Hello.Do you produce these in the dual recoil spring set upthe current 24/7 pro models
use?Thanks,CSTripp

·
Administrator
35,526 Posts
Yes - I'm sorry I didn't mention the dual spring thing, since this link was primarily for the 24/7 I failed to mention it. He told me the same thing for my PT145......I did just send him my guide rod and recoil spring today so he can make me a stainless steel guide rod.....the very front part will be checkered. I'll post some pics of it when I get it back, should be interesting......

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just wish that someone would start making match grade barrels for my 24/7

·
Registered
7 Posts
Old topic but is their custom parts? I know this topic was in 2008 now it's 2012 I know tarus life time guarantees their product for life their should be something now beside hosters ? I always love to have extra parts.

·
Administrator
18,081 Posts
Old topic but is their custom parts? I know this topic was in 2008 now it's 2012
Rather unfortunately, not much has changed over the years. Glocks and 1911's still rule the aftermarket parts world. There are some aftermarket sights available now, but that's about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts