Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering what it would take to paint my M85 a flat black instead of a gloss black any sugestions and is it safe to do this

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yup its safe but get a $35 duracoat kit and it will last wwaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer than krylon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where can you get the paint and how do you paint it like what is painted and whats not painted

·
Registered
977 Posts
Go to duracoats website and order there or from brownells. I would strip it down to the frame and spray everything but the internals, frame, trigger, hammer and all just not inside the frame or barrel for obvious fit and function (safety) reasons. Its pretty cheap if you do it yourself and is a very tough finish and will last a very very long time. Also, you dont hae to bake your parts when your done it cures on its own and dont worry if you dont have a compressor they have kits that include their own propellant just have a nice long look at their site, they have a sh*t ton of colors to choose from have fun.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Personally, if you're just looking for another shade of black I'd recommend you don't even bother doing anything to it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
O.d. frame with flat black cylinder,hammer and trigger:guns:

Reactions: cooper
1 - 8 of 8 Posts