Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
nice. I like that show too, wish it wasnt on so late though!

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't seem that expensive to me.
Average is around $60-$70.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've never been much of a vest person but I'm keeping my eyes open for different options. There do seem to be more and more as time goes on.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I just get my pants one size bigger than normal. Facilitates my firearm, and doesn't cost any more than a pair of pants. I got a kick out of seeing Clint Black on Red Eye. I wondered what happened to him...

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Loose fitting, slightly oversized (untucked) shirt is the route I usually go when I conceal carry my 740 or 605 in an OWB belt holster.

Same thing for my PT145 when I CC it in my Tommy Theis IWB holster.

Reactions: PATRONE

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm a musician....young(er) guy....and I guess I sorta dress good. This has posed an initial problem in the journey for discovering the best carry method for me.
At the moment I'm satisfied with no-holster IWB (IE: MEXICANO Style!). It hurt and was uncomfortable for a while but now I feel naked without it....you can get used to ANYTHING!

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I recently ordered some Aramark #4084 poplin short sleeve camp shirts I caught on sale for $13.05 ea. w/$5 shipping (now $28.99 ea.).

http://www.shoparamark.com/style?as...rget&utm_campaign=cincodemayolastchance_email

They recently came in and they are roomy for your size (I wear large because of my Shiner Beer Belly), outside wear (not tucked), as long length hits bottom of my butt, back pleats and side bottom slit / vents for pocket access. I think the perfect CC shirt I own whether I go OWB or IWB or M0B or wear a 5.11 Tactical undershirt.

Point being, register with Aramark or get on their mailing list and catch some sales. I've bought from them for ages (use to be Wearguard until bought out), from winter clothing (parka's, jackets, thermal overalls), cover alls, jump suits, work shirts, vest. All bought at sale pricing.

I'm loving these new camp shirts. And yes, most of their goods are imports, but so are the pistols I'll wear under them.:cool:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've never given much thought to custom clothing for concealment. It sounds like it would be a great niche market to be in. Every one is built different, and if this helps some folks out, that's great! I got lucky with genetics. 30" waist 44" chest, I'm able to conceal my XDm .40 4.5 owb under a t-shirt. I sure hate getting fitted for a suit though.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Good resource Wino - browsed their stuff - safety gear - flame resistant face shield kit - COOL !!! Maybe I WILL get that flare launcher for my AK . . whadda ya think ??? (j/k)

You know back in the days of my youth . . 8th grade predictions - my class voted me most kikely to be a Vogue model . . (not!~!!!!) of course, that was all in jest, I was probably the class geek, had that word been used then . . I have NEVER been into the latest fashions, in fact, my fashion consists mostly of jeans, cargo pants and t-shirts with obnixious sayings on them . . people NEVER notice the gun behind at the wasteband, they are TOO BUSY READING all the stuff on my shirts.

My professional dress is suits and scrubs, I but all my clothes roomy to begin with, so not an issue. I do have a couple carry vests, they ARE nice to wear, hold all kinds of stuff, and many times the inside pocket is just a nice place to put my gun. Here in the desert southwest, temps are really not all that cold in the winter, so a vest is just right. I live at 7K ft altitude, we do get snow, but a vest with a long sleeved shirt is all I need. So, is a nice option other than the usual options.

CD

·
Registered
199 Posts
I refuse to change my wardrobe to carry, so I order my jeans in a skinnier cut but with a wider waistband. Works great for IWB, and with my tuckable and an undershirt tucked over the pistol, I can still be fashionable. FWIW, I wear slimmer fitting dress shirts and polos, with the occasional woot shirt over jeans or cargo shorts. On the rare occasion I have to wear a suit, I might have to try pocket carry. Still saving up for a .380... digression ended.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts