Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. This is my first forum so please be gentle. Lol. In the early 90s i bought my first handgun, a 441 6" 44 special. The difference with all the others i've seen or read about is this one was customized by JP. Has a very light trigger and 2 large "thru" square porting holes at the muzzle. I've tried to find info on this, possibly one of a kind revolver. Does anyone know of any other JP customized 441s. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
JP Enterprises??? Not sure how long they have been in business or if they ever modified handguns.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would imagine JP Enterprises
I would imagine JP Enterprises
it's marked ----JP------------ on the under lug. Not sure who owned it before me. Had it for many years. May call Taurus and see if they have a record.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Welcome from Brooker Florida, I can't help you with your question but pictures would be appreciated. I've never seen a 6 inch 441.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from Brooker Florida, I can't help you with your question but pictures would be appreciated. I've never seen a 6 inch 441.
Not sure how to add pics. Don't even own a computer. Lol. I'll try to figure it out. Have to ask my IT guy at work. I'm just usin my phone. It's a nice revolver and i've never seen another quite like it.

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Holy mackerel that's beautiful. I've never seen one like it.
Why thank you. Yeah she's a beaut. I, of course, added the grips. Still pull her out of the vault once in a while. The JP marking is on the other side. I just happen to have this pic on my phone. Thanks from MN.

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
That barrel looks more like an 8 inch to me. Beautiful gun, and I loved the 44 special Tauri models. I'm guessing that the barrel is aftermarket, I don't recall that Taurus made that particular gun in an 8 inch barrel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You are correct about it being an 8 inch, i misspoke. It is roll marked like a normal Taurus barrel however. Only with the addition of the JP on the under lug. It's pretty accurate as well. Can shoot heartshots at 100 yards all day long. The trigger is "breath on it" light in single action. I have zero history on it, which i want badly as i've never seen one like it. Have a goodin.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts