Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dads birthday is coming up. He was in the Marine Corps from 81-89. Through research I found his unit he was assigned to. Anyone know where I can go to get 1911 grips custom designed. I plan on putting his rank, name on one side with the Marine Corps eagle globe and anchor underneath and on the other side his enlist date, discharge date, and unit. I am wanting to do it in a dark walnut to match the Springfield Armory M1A I got him. Anyone have a place in mind I can get this done at. The 1911 is a GI colt.

·
Super Moderator
37,573 Posts

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
Heck just do a web search for Custom 1911 grips, you will get so many hits it will take you until 2020 to research them all.

Reactions: trouter2

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
I am addicted to custom grips on many of my firearms. By custom grips I mean grips that are made to your exclusive use. If someone can go into a gun shop or online and buy the same grips you have they are not truly custom grips.

I can recommend Curt Ullery, owner of Grips-R-Us, in complete confidence. Some of y'all here on the forum have seen a number of grips I have ordered from Curt. Take a minute and check out his shop...

Custom Grips-R-UsCustom Grips-R-Us

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts