Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some decent weather today so I could finish up the video review. Full write up for the blog will be done this week and it will have additional details. Appreciate the help with your questions and concerns. Hopefully, I managed to cover a few of them.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Great video XD really answered a bunch of my questions. Using the loaded chamber indicator as a sight is pretty genius lol it would be pretty cool if taurus created an actual sighting system that would only pop up when theres a round in the chamber. (Probabbly not on this gun but maybe a gun in tge future...)

On a side note i wonder if they would make some extended capacity mags if not for the extra capacity to 8+1 and grip XD. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: mingaa

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Well done, thanks! The video sets some realistic expectations for the pistol. It confirms my intention to be an early adopter.

It's ironic that you find the specific design feature to be less than useable!

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Thanks for the video. Still would like to get my hands on one. Interesting observation on the belt clip. Finally found a few out of state retailers that are listing them on their website as not available. That is a good sign they may hit the market on time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On a side note i wonder if they would make some extended capacity mags if not for the extra capacity to 8+1 and grip XD. Just my 2 cents
My guess is a company like Magguts may have a +1 kit for the Taurus 380s at some point in the future. They started with just the LCP, but have been expanding to the cover Sig, Kahr, S&W, and Glock.

·
22,288 Posts
I like the look of the texturing on the front and backstrap. That's pretty close to what I achieved with grip tape on my TCP.

Nice trigger weight gauge.

So do you get two fingers on the frontstrap, or just one? Since you mention how soft shooting it is, I'd think two.

I didn't know the clip was removable. For pocket holster carry, I'd take it off.

#$%[email protected] magazine safety....

The light/laser switch looks pretty recessed; how easy is it to manipulate?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
That was a very clear, careful video - advance coverage with an innovative product is a smart move for Taurus as long as the advance buzz is positive and based on what I saw I'd say that was the case!

I've been well adapted to 7 +1 and 8 +1 compact 9s for some time now so capturing me as a client will be tough. I look forward to shooting a Curve soon (I hope FKL has one by the Sand Lake gathering)!

Once I've had hands on the gun and see that it matches the review that I've just seen I would have no problem recommending the gun to an appropriate audience!

I like the forward thinking that Taurus is exhibiting and hope to see more as we move into the future of modern firearms!!

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
That was a very clear, careful video - advance coverage with an innovative product is a smart move for Taurus as long as the advance buzz is positive and based on what I saw I'd say that was the case!

I've been well adapted to 7 +1 and 8 +1 compact 9s for some time now so capturing me as a client will be tough. I look forward to shooting a Curve soon (I hope FKL has one by the Sand Lake gathering)!

Once I've had hands on the gun and see that it matches the review that I've just seen I would have no problem recommending the gun to an appropriate audience!

I like the forward thinking that Taurus is exhibiting and hope to see more as we move into the future of modern firearms!!
That is the plan. Hope it works out.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
For some reason I can no hear the audio. Just from seeing the video though I do not like the clip. Carries too deep.

Reactions: Czombie

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I HOPE this does well for Taurus, but I'll be surprised if it does.
And what makes you say that?! It is a pretty strong sales and market position statement without any support.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ironically passed by my local gun dealer and they were joking around with the thought of owning one. One guy said it looked like a boomerang and another said they are "prolly gunna makem pink fer the ladies"

...i myself wouldnt mind a "zombie green" XD

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thank you for sharing this most informative and interesting video on the new Taurus Curve with us.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Boy I'm glad they added that trigger shield. I can only imagine what could happen without one, or better yet, to those use decide not to use it.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
24,593 Posts
Interesting and informative. Not sure I will add one of these to my collection though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts