Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity to shoot this gun. I put 200 rounds through it and it did not miss a beat.
This gun was new right out of the box.

The laser was not sighted it but was easy to adjust.

It was about as easy to hold as any micro auto with a little more surface area.

I would not carry any auto this small but that is a personal choice. It did give me a little confidence
that it operated 100% out of the box.

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
Where did you get the opportunity to handle/fire the weapon?
Not just speaking of the Curve but most Manufacture supplied weapons for shows and such run great.
once they begin to fall off the assembly line is when the flaws show up with beta testing.
Remember the R-51?
Time will tell for sure but it sure has a lot of pieces to go/be bad out of the box.

·
Super Moderator
40,518 Posts
I am willing to be a guinea pig with one. Hoping I can get one before going to Sand Lake in Feb.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Hmmm...one more reason I am going to have to eat some "humble pie" on my previous thoughts, about this new pistol, and check one out.

·
22,323 Posts
What distance? I'd say if it can stay within about a 5 or 6 inch circle at 7 yards it's good enough for it's intended mission. Anything better than that is just gravy.

·
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What distance? I'd say if it can stay within about a 5 or 6 inch circle at 7 yards it's good enough for it's intended mission. Anything better than that is just gravy.
Bigskiff was shooting swinging targets with a different one at about 10 yards. It seemed as accurate as you would expect from a pocket auto.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Sounds like the Curve may be a winner. I can't wait to see/test one.

Reactions: john_bud

·
Super Moderator
21,546 Posts
This gun is designed to be carried without a holster. Its a true belly gun for up close defensive shooting. It has a light and laser. I just read the write up in the Carry On magazine and it was very good. This mag deals with carry guns. And it was on the cover. I have never needed a .380 but for some reason I like it. And am going out on a limb when it becomes available for purchase. I want one. Its a perfect walk the dogs, go to the store, step out the door gun. I normally carry a Taurus 85 38 special or my PT Pro 145. But a very light gun in the waistband is a real tempting gun for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts