Taurus Firearm Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Taurus "recall" rumor was probably started by fearful Glock executives worried about losing sales!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
OK. I used the Live Chat to check with Taurus.

There is NO recall.

To paraphrase what CS said: There is no recall. The first production may have been sold without caliber stamping, and customers are being advised to send the pistols back, so they (Taurus) have it stamped.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts

There is NO recall.

To paraphrase what CS said: There is no recall. The first production may have been sold without caliber stamping, and customers are being advised to send the pistols back, so they (Taurus) have it stamped.
Excellent work! Now could you go sign on to the other 643 forums madly chattering about the topic?!?? :D

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Excellent work! Now could you go sign on to the other 643 forums madly chattering about the topic?!?? :D
Sorry. The folks who frequent those 643 forums have already made up their minds that Taurus is junk. No changing that... GLOCK 43!!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Sorry. The folks who frequent those 643 forums have already made up their minds that Taurus is junk. No changing that... GLOCK 43!!
As soon as my 43 comes in I'm fixin' to put the heat gun on 'er and custom mold it to the shape of my hip!

Two can play at this game!!!

*maybe I'll run a Hi-Point test first...

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Wasn't there a pt 24/7 model that was recalled a while back in Brazil..?? If i remember it would fire without pulling trigger.
I followed the news about this in Brazilian midia... there were some rumors most likely related to politics in a election year. per contract, the police force pistols are supposed to be sent to taurus for regular maintenance periodically.

Reactions: Czombie

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
As soon as my 43 comes in I'm fixin' to put the heat gun on 'er and custom mold it to the shape of my hip!

Two can play at this game!!!

*maybe I'll run a Hi-Point test first...
I am not sure that its even possible to curve any weapon that much!!!------------

IF it does indeed work just be careful , we don't want you to end up with Glock Belly!

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
36,032 Posts

There is NO recall.

OK!
But I have to ask myself?
if this Is indeed a problem by not having the caliber on the barrel (which I think is an excellent idea) then why was it not addressed before release?
I mean either it is or it is NOT a problem.
This seems very amateurish.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
OK, as Taurus is actual an INTERNATIONAL shipper of firearms, they must have all applicable features for multiple countries. If some demand a caliber designation, then it's cheaper, and more fool-proof, to label the lines of guns imported to those countries entirely, than just those that are meant for that country.

America, home to the largest portion of ambulance chasing lawyers, coupled with entire generations of "it weren't MY fault" inhabitants, could well cause an importer to demand "safety" stampings that are there to protect the manufacturer from such societal pustules.

Sadly, those same pustules appear to inhabit the internet in force.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I contacted Taurus Online Customer Service. This is the chat transcript:

Francesca 6:01:54 PM
Thank you for contacting Customer Care. My name is Francesca. I'll will be assisting you today!

Alex 6:02:47 PM
yes, I went to Dick's last Saturday and they told me that the distributor had to send back the new Taurus Curves they were supposed to get. is this a recall?

Alex 6:03:24 PM
is there something wrong with the curve?

Francesca 6:04:14 PM
Alex we understand your concern about the issue. There is not recall on the firearm. We have been made aware that the first production of the Taurus Curve may have been sold without the required caliber stamping on the barrels.

Alex 6:05:13 PM
is this a requirement by Taurus? Many guns available in the market
do not have that

Francesca 6:08:23 PM
This is a requirement set forth by the BATFE and failing to have the stamping added by us, the manufacturer, to BATFE standards is a criminal act.

Alex 6:11:13 PM
I understand

Alex 6:12:20 PM
Thanks!

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
This is bull puckey -- unless this is some new rule? I own multiple pistols, from multiple manufacturers that have no barrel cal markings. They do have slide markings. So my guess is Taurus forgot the slide markings, unless this really is a NEW BATFE rule???? Hmmm?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
This is bull puckey -- unless this is some new rule? I own multiple pistols, from multiple manufacturers that have no barrel cal markings. They do have slide markings. So my guess is Taurus forgot the slide markings, unless this really is a NEW BATFE rule???? Hmmm?
This answers a question: no, it is not a recall, just Taurus making an effort to do the right thing; and it also leaves us with another one: is this a BATFE rule?

·
Super Moderator
26,867 Posts
asm...your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to wade through all the BAFTE rules and regs for imported pistols and come up with an answer.
This mission is highly dangerous and could lead to blindness, or at the very least a very bad case of regspeak.
As always, TA.net will disavow all knowledge of you and your team.
This post will self destruct as soon as shrillary gets to the server!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
asm...your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to wade through all the BAFTE rules and regs for imported pistols and come up with an answer.
This mission is highly dangerous and could lead to blindness, or at the very least a very bad case of regspeak.
Believe it or not, I had actually googled it and gave up on the second hit ;-)

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
Honestly now I as a little bit(a lot) disappointed when at the end of this statement I didn't see little puffs of smoke coming from it!!!!-----------

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
I contacted Taurus Online Customer Service. This is the chat transcript:

Francesca 6:08:23 PM
This is a requirement set forth by the BATFE and failing to have the stamping added by us, the manufacturer, to BATFE standards is a criminal act.

Alex 6:11:13 PM
I understand

Alex 6:12:20 PM
Thanks!
OK, If they say so!
But I am throwing the old -- :bs: -- and penalizing Taurus 15 yards for allowing untrained people to talk to the public!
You gotta show me the beef on this one!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
OK, If they say so!
But I am throwing the old -- :bs: -- and penalizing Taurus 15 yards for allowing untrained people to talk to the public!
You gotta show me the beef on this one!
For what is worth, this new online customer service chat is really slick. It worked really well. I got my answer in just a few minutes. I'll leave the BATF issue aside, if Taurus thinks it is right to get get the guns back and imprint the caliber info simewhere, better now than later.

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
For what is worth, this new online customer service chat is really slick. It worked really well. I got my answer in just a few minutes. I'll leave the BATF issue aside, if Taurus thinks it is right to get get the guns back and imprint the caliber info simewhere, better now than later.
Oh I think its a very good idea to imprint caliber on the barrel hood, or on the barrel of a revolve, is just good insurance in my opinion.
I just don't believe , nor have I ever read where a caliber designation was a Federal requirement.
and if it was then how could a manufacture drop the ball by not complying with that law?
Now it might be a suggestion of SAAMI I don't know, but a requirement??

41 - 60 of 82 Posts