Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
Think about it:

1. Since there are many guns which have barrels that can be changed out so that the gun can shoot a different caliber, having the caliber stamped on the barrel sounds like a good idea to me.
  2. If Taurus recalled the guns for that reason, it does not matter whether it is a requirement or not. Perhaps their lawyer said it's a good idea.
  3. Recalling products does not give them a bad name. Not recalling them when they should be recalled is what gives manufacturers a bad reputation that takes a long time to live down. It's not the defect; it's the cover-up.
    1. Ford Pinto
    2. GM ignition switch
    3. Takata airbags
  4. Recalls are proactive. They fix problems before they occur. This is a good thing.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Premium Member
10,966 Posts
Only two of my SA pistols have the caliber stamped on their barrels. My Kahr CT9 and my Sig220. None of the others do, including the other Sig.

·
21,956 Posts
Neither my 738 nor my 740 have the caliber stamped on the barrel. FWIW.

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just looked at my PT809 and the caliber is not on the barrel, just on the slide. There must be something else that is a problem.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Intentional PR? Drop a fake story about "recalls" to try and get people to buy up all the "pre-recall" versions, maybe?

·
32,481 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Maybe it's not in printed neither on the slide nor on the barrel. I checked some pics online and I could not see it.

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
Is the caliber even required to be printed on the gun anywhere?
Eye Dun't think sew!!
I think its more a liability thing in case someone tries to fire the wrong caliber in the gun?

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
To my knowledge, Taurus has never had a recall. Ever. I'm not sure what's going on, but I would think it will be on shelves pretty soon.
YEP!
thats what I was thinking as well, so by that simple fact I would say its bogus!
Lets face it I would think IF they were going to issue a recall it would have been the 709's that were going full auto.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Neither my 738 nor my 740 have the caliber stamped on the barrel. FWIW.
We have two 732 (no barrel stamp) & two 738s (no barrel stamp). The caliber is noted on the slides & the magazines - so I think this is a urban legend in the making??? Also doing so requires an additional step during the manufacturing process, which adds costs. Isn't that why we buy Tauri, to save money???

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
YEP!
thats what I was thinking as well, so by that simple fact I would say its bogus!
Lets face it I would think IF they were going to issue a recall it would have been the 709's that were going full auto.

Ooh! Looks like I'll be shopping for a 709 shortly:p

·
Registered
620 Posts
Wasn't there a pt 24/7 model that was recalled a while back in Brazil..?? If i remember it would fire without pulling trigger.

·
Super Moderator
26,864 Posts
Duh....I am thinking what are they talking about?? Then I saw barrel!

None of my Taurii have calibers engraved on the barrel...... Won't say how many.

·
32,481 Posts
It just hit me from another thread. It was let out that Taurus USA and Taurus in general were making some minor changes to the Curve, this was in the last few months, and then the Curve will be out in bigger numbers.

As far as recalls go,no, there are not any.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts