Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Dick's today to see the new Curve that they expected to receive yesterday and I was told that the Curves have been recalled because Taurus did not print the caliber on the barrels.

Is this true?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
No idea, but I imagine if it were true it would have been immediately announced on Taurus' website.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see some other forums asking the same question. Apparently that's what some distributors are telling to the stores.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
To my knowledge, Taurus has never had a recall. Ever. I'm not sure what's going on, but I would think it will be on shelves pretty soon.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure that missing the caliber information would require a recall. But it looks like distributors are calling it a recall.

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
Is a caliber stamp on a barrel a requirement? I have a .380 of a different manufacturer, and I don' think the barrel is caliber stamped. It does have a caliber designation elsewhere.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Not sure what's really going on

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
​I'm very skeptical and have faith in Taurus®.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
It Taurus recalled it due to not having a cal stamp on the barrel, I say "Good Job!". If it isn't 100% right, then it isn't right.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
16,869 Posts
I imagine the recall is due to the fact that someone finally discovered all of the pistols are bent.

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
My gen 1 pt140 doesn't have a stamp on the barrel...

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I'd bet against it and say rumor.

That is based on a Google search - top 5 in a search are gun forums asking the same question with the exception of the Taurus Curve recalled...already? - Guns Over Texas RadioGuns Over Texas Radio post - that has no solid reason why they were asked to return the guns. That could be an isolated incident.

SOOOoooo until more concrete info surfaces I'm on the 'doubting' side. :r_c:

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
My gen 1 pt140 doesn't have a stamp on the barrel...

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI
The barrel of my 945 is completely blank.

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
I guess we will know soon enough.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Yeah, it's probably all bull crap "talk". The way I see it is this, if you don't already know what caliber your gun is, then reading the barrel stamp is not going to make me feel any safer with said gun in your hands. As long as the caliber is listed on the slide or say, on the box that the matches the gun it held, then I have all the information I need.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts