Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to invest in some wood grips ($40 to $75 range) for my 2" model 605. Has anyone done this to their snub? If so, did it significantly increase the profile/bulk for concealing?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've got a 605 myself and while it currently wears a set of Crimson trace grips I have thought about going with a nice set of wood just to have them, I also have a longer set of boot grips for it and those really help with the recoil when shooting 357's. Hopefully someone will chime in with some pics or links although I think the Smith grips will fit?????

·
Registered
539 Posts
Smith Grips will not fit. The old Taurus Wood Grips (I think) will fit. I put the Taurus rubber Combat Grips on my 605. They are a little longer and slimmer than the short hard rubber Grips. The Combat Grips reduce felt recoil better and give more room for a Speed Loader than the Pachmayr Grips. The Pachmayrs felt good but it is to hard to use a Speed Loader.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I PUT WOOD GRIPS FROM A 85 ON MY 605 WITH NO PROBLEM. I FOUND THEM ON EBAY. WITH SHIPPING WAS $27 AND THEY LOOK GREAT. LIKE THE FEEL ALSO.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ideas. Any thoughts on whether wood grips tend to bulk up the concealment factor of a 2" snub? I'm assuming round butt grips will but not sure of the other styles.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't think the wood grips add too much beyond the rubber ones, but the wood is nice because it has less of a tendency to "grab" your shirt. However, in the picture above, those grips are the three finger groove style and they replaced the smaller "boot" grips. The larger grips are often called "combat grips." If you go with the longer combat grips, expect it to take a little more effort to conceal.

Todd

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dude...Have you tried Hogue http://www.getgrip.com/

They have all kinds of grips, I replaced the stock rubber grips on my 608. They look and feel awesome. I am not sure they will fit your budget range though. But, they are worth every penny and have awesome quality.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 85 is sporting the Rosewood that taurus offers. I think they are still $39.00 plus shipping.
HINT: Its the one on the left. ;D

C:\My Documents\My Pictures\P1010067.JPG

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Super Moderator
35,012 Posts
I have some pearlite grips for a round butt Rossi (haven't made a round butt in years) that I mistakenly bought off ebay. I was going to fit them to my M85, but there's a big hole in the frame on the Taurus these grips didn't cover, so I gave up that idea. Prefer the rubber for shooting anyway, just thought it'd be fun to pimp it out. I have pearlite on a little M68. When I got the round butt grips in and saw they didn't fit, I just broke down and ordered some for forty bucks from Ajax. Really, one pimp gun is enough, LOL!

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
powerkicker said:
My old M85 came from the factory with wood. Will the 85 grips fit the 605 I wonder?
Yes, same frame size.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered from Taurus checkered wood grips for my 85ssul. I replaced the laser grips and it made it lighter and slimed down the profile. Taurus also has the rosewood grips. Their prices are better than any third party. Check'em out. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
What grip model numbers also fit a model 455? I have looked at a lot of grips but none list the 455 in fitting?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Like BoneDigger, I got some laminate wood combat grips from grips4guns, for my 605. I like looks and I find the thicker wood grip makes the recoil more manageable. Therefore I find I put more holes in the target in DA mode.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts