Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stopped at the Kangaroo off the interstate and the car next to me with Illinois plates rolled up the windows, and I heard the word, "*******". I was wearing my "Lovelady Autoparts baseball cap", a flannel shirt with a Black tee under it, and bluejeans. My Jeep was covered in mud. I am thinking, "What the Heck!". This is my Hicktown! Then I get to thinking. You don't think, that some of the urban styles look strange to us? Why is it okay to use words like Hillbilly, *******, White Trash, Hick, Bumpkin, But not okay to say "Other words"? Yes there are cultural differences, but there is nothing wrong with rural / country. So I thought I would clear a few things up:

• First black folks can be county as a turnip seed.
Many I call close friends. Close enough that they ignore my posted signs and don't call before they come.

• My son is Phi Theta Kappa and I am proud
One son is Engineering the other Agriculture (Majors)

• Many farmers have BA Degrees and some have MA's
  • No I can't spell worth a darn.
  • Most tractors cost more than that Illinois BMW
  • When did John Deer become a fashion statement?
Ever been on a Kubota, AGCO, or Case?

• Black Angus is a good bread, but not in itself make better beef.
This is Cattle and Soy / Corn country

• Yea I we have trucks in my family
Would you put a dead deer in your BMW? Or Manure? Even hay for that matter?
  • Like Jack Daniels? We make that here. BTW, we make more money than Nissan selling that liquid gold.
I could go on, but why? I love it here, and the city does in fact scare me a bit. Gotta go heading to Church, While I am there I need to talk to Pastor about borrowing his tractor. Seriously. :eek:

BTW: My wife does look killer in her bluejeans, boots and tank top. There aint a dress or panssuit in this house. PTL

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Stand proud! You are America's Heartland!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Reminds me of when I was in high school.

I never was the type to try and fit into any particular crowd or clique. I didn't make myself a slave to fashion either.
I just wore what I liked and didn't care if if was the latest style or fad. I didn't care what others thought either.

But you wouldn't believe the grief people TRIED to give me.

I would have a pair if jeans that I paid $15 for at Wal-Mart, Sears or a outlet store. The snobbish yuppie types would laugh at me because they paid 3 times as much for the same brand or style, but their was better because they bought theirs at the socially in style store from the mall.

Really? You paid 3 times more for the exact same ( brand, style, color) product as me, and you are making fun of me?

Guess who can use a gun to survive, drive a tractor, plant crops, hunt, and fish? Guess who knows how to build a shelter, fix their own house, fix/ replace/install appliances?

Guess who didn't get a job at Mac Donald's and have to share an apartment with 3 friends when mom & dad passed away and no longer supported them?

That's right! ​ME!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I have a dress code, blue jeans and a blue shirt.. I have been called a lot things but never late..

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I love the south too! I get people from other places that ask me how can I live in the racist south. I always smile and say your perception isn't my reality. Alabama is beautiful. A confederate flag is just a flag. I like country music, my next car will be a truck and I my wife an I really want a farm. We are southern by birth and in spirit.

for me, I guess the terms used to describe black people aren't always used correctly. Everything seems so negative. For example, when I call someone my homeboy, it just means we grew up in the same area or it may be a close friend. It's not someone who is ahoots his pistol by turning it to the side. I don't mind Mandingo because that's a true statement, lol!!! Just a joke!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
BTW: My wife does look killer in her bluejeans, boots and tank top. There ain't a dress or panssuit in this house. PTL

Same here: My wife is smoking hot in her jeans and boots and tank top........but she's smoking hot in her city girl catsuit too.

·
Super Moderator
17,703 Posts
As a transplant to Illinois I feel the need to clear up some things:

Corn for grain production:
Illinois: 1,934,400,000 bushels
Tennessee: 99,280,000 bushels

Illinois was #2 (just barely) behind Iowa. Add up Iowa, Illinois, and Nebraska and they produce nearly 1/2 the U.S. production.

Corn Production By State (Alphabetical)

Illinois is #1 in Soybeans. Tennessee doesn't make the top 10.

? Top 10 soybean producing U.S. states, 2014 | Statistic

Tennessee does take the lead in cattle (by head count): 1,760,000 to Illinois' 1,130,000. Both pale to Texas' 10,000,000+.

All Cattle & Calves by State...

My point is you're confusing "Chicago" with Illinois. The rest of the State is put in the awkward position of apologizing for the Northern Environs on a regular basis. I Lived in Tennessee for four years, and Texas for decades. They have nothing on Illinois in ******** per capita. Frankly I found that surprising when I got here.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
As a transplant to Illinois I feel the need to clear up some things:

Corn for grain production:
Illinois: 1,934,400,000 bushels
Tennessee: 99,280,000 bushels

Illinois was #2 (just barely) behind Iowa. Add up Iowa, Illinois, and Nebraska and they produce nearly 1/2 the U.S. production.

Corn Production By State (Alphabetical)

Illinois is #1 in Soybeans. Tennessee doesn't make the top 10.

? Top 10 soybean producing U.S. states, 2014 | Statistic

Tennessee does take the lead in cattle (by head count): 1,760,000 to Illinois' 1,130,000. Both pale to Texas' 10,000,000+.

All Cattle & Calves by State...

My point is you're confusing "Chicago" with Illinois. The rest of the State is put in the awkward position of apologizing for the Northern Environs on a regular basis. I Lived in Tennessee for four years, and Texas for decades. They have nothing on Illinois in ******** per capita. Frankly I found that surprising when I got here.
you missunderstand me bother. I have farming friends in Southern Illinois. We get many people fro Illinois stopping by here for gas. You folks should be proud. After all, Yall gave us the President. (Ribbing you.) I lived Marion when he was a Senator. I have also worked on Illinois farms. Some nice bucks there. Would not give you a dime for anything North of Effingham. My post is about being county, and being discriminated against. We aren't perfect here either. Get off the main road with those Illinois tags and your likely to have blue lights in your review mirror. No disrespect to Illinois. I was referring to people in the city from a different culture. The car full of people that started this thought line had Illinois tags. I don't know where they were from, but Chicago, Kankakee, or Decator would be good guesses. Agan, nothing wrong with thse towns, but the culture is different there.

·
Super Moderator
17,703 Posts
.... After all, Yall gave us the President. (Ribbing you.)
Yeah, sorry about that. I was in Texas at the time but I'll still apologize for it. You've got us on the Jack Daniels. We have some wineries but frankly I find Illinois wine undrinkable. It's just awful.

·
Registered
24,600 Posts
I kinda sense that there is a discussion that borders on minority speak going on here. So, why aren't we out protesting and burning buildings and throwing rocks at the authorities? Oh, and why aren't we gettin free stuff and public housing?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
As a southern ******* that has worked around the country I can say that ******** are everywhere. Speak multiple languages and are of different races, they are called different names in different places. They are usually the ones that do the jobs no one else wants. Then have to listen to the person that wouldn't think of doing what they are being bill for bitch about the cost. Think sewer work. ******** get up early, work hard, play hard, and are the best of friends. Can also be the worst of enemies. Most believe in God even though they don't go to church, and treat folks right. I have seen ******** in jeans, overalls, work uniforms, and a few in business suits. Some with a lot paper from years of school. Some with a wealth of wisdom from living life to the fullest. When I grow up I may be one.

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
I showed up for orientation in blue jeans, boots and a shirt with my name in it. I was ignored until the HR lady told the others I was the new finance guy.... Wear what's comfortable!

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
22,294 Posts
Let's hear it for the countryside! I was in Denver a few days ago. Got in and out as quickly as I could. Didn't even stop by Cabelas, that would have put us in the middle of rush hour. Give me the empty west any day.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Well as a minority, I don't take offense when someone makes the comment cruizer made. I think my issue is the consensus seems to be the the majority of minoroties are getting or want free stuff, Loot or riot when we don't get our way, and have no respect for authorities. That's simply not true. There is a percentage that do, but it's not as big as it seems. There are issues and I can't deny that.,I won't deny it. However, there is goodness and greatness it seems we as a society seem to overlook.

That's one of the reasonsi why I have become more vocal on this forum. It seems the lower denominator of minorities are highlighted by the media. You see a few thousand protest or loot (which but the way they aren't all minors ties out there) and the assumption is they speak for the whole. if it truly is how every minority feels, then you would have hundreds of thousands PEACEFULLY protesting.

I honestly don't care if someone is racist. I don't care if you even believe all the stereotypes. It's a free country and you can believe what you want. As a black man who has been in military service for almost 20 years and has worked as a LEO, I will defend your freedom to the end. You can't stop me from loving you and this country.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Well as a minority, I don't take offense when someone makes the comment cruizer made. I think my issue is the consensus seems to be the the majority of minoroties are getting or want free stuff, Loot or riot when we don't get our way, and have no respect for authorities. That's simply not true. There is a percentage that do, but it's not as big as it seems. There are issues and I can't deny that.,I won't deny it. However, there is goodness and greatness it seems we as a society seem to overlook.

That's one of the reasonsi why I have become more vocal on this forum. It seems the lower denominator of minorities are highlighted by the media. You see a few thousand protest or loot (which but the way they aren't all minors ties out there) and the assumption is they speak for the whole. if it truly is how every minority feels, then you would have hundreds of thousands PEACEFULLY protesting.

I honestly don't care if someone is racist. I don't care if you even believe all the stereotypes. It's a free country and you can believe what you want. As a black man who has been in military service for almost 20 years and has worked as a LEO, I will defend your freedom to the end. You can't stop me from loving you and this country.
Good words dcc!

·
Registered
8,620 Posts

'A very good point. Too often, when you hear people talking about "Freedom", they really are saying "Everyone should be free to be like me or like I think they should be"

"Tolerance" is only applied to things that don't offend them. Try to tell some of our liberals that if they tolerate everyone that means they have to tolerate intolerant people. If they have enough IQ points, their heads will explode, if they don't then they're just typical.

If you remove the geographic connotation then "********" are everywhere. (It really does need a new term) Heck we in the country in Oregon are pretty close to our ******* brethren in the deep south, if we could get the city politics out of the way. The "rural" folks across this country probably have more in common than any other demographic group (for those who like slicing things up and dissecting) .

Reactions: WartHog354 and dcc

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Amen DCC, I have friends from different parts of the country and world. A good friend that is a black pastor had cancer. He had people of all types and race praying for and helping him. He never ask anyone to do anything but God provided through people. When he went to Texas for treatment his expenses were covered for him , his wife and child. He worked a regular job when most would have stayed home. He gave a days work for a days pay. So I know for a fact that him and many more like him are not out trying to get something for nothing. We kid about the fact a black man can be a ******* and his skin color hides it. Set us down to country cooking and we eat the same stuff fixed the same way.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts