Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems the CT40 was discontinued but I bought one anyway...fellow on YouTube said he posted how to fabricate your own mags somewhere here but I'm not finding it.

Anyone know of other mags that can be modified for this one? Or the dimensions to fabricate? I actually hit up Taurus for a limited license to fabricate just so I can get a few of my own but, well, don't expect that to go far.

Any assistance would be stellar, there's really not much out there about these guns and even less about the mags.

·
Super Moderator
40,577 Posts
Going to move this to the proper section, search through this section and you may find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
CT40 Magazine

I watched the Taurus CT40 fabricated Hi-Cap Magazines Video. Now for the obvious question. How do I get some from thin air, into my hands and into my carbine? Do I build my own machine shop in my garage - magically become an Engineer - say the magic words - go to bed and get up the next morning - go to my machine shop to see what the "Magic Mag Maker Elves" fabricated for me while I slept? Cuz I don't have a garage or a machine shop! I live in an apartment complex. I really want some Hi-cap mags for my "New' CT40 carbine. So anything helpful, toward that end, would be great!
20200428_152700_resized.jpg
20200428_152746_resized.jpg

·
32,613 Posts
The only source of magazines is from these guys and I cannot vouch they'll let you buy from them. The CT40 carbine and sub machine gun are still offered by
https://www.taurusexport.com

·
Super Moderator
40,577 Posts
I watched the Taurus CT40 fabricated Hi-Cap Magazines Video. Now for the obvious question. How do I get some from thin air, into my hands and into my carbine? Do I build my own machine shop in my garage - magically become an Engineer - say the magic words - go to bed and get up the next morning - go to my machine shop to see what the "Magic Mag Maker Elves" fabricated for me while I slept? Cuz I don't have a garage or a machine shop! I live in an apartment complex. I really want some Hi-cap mags for my "New' CT40 carbine. So anything helpful, toward that end, would be great!
Option #1 many years ago I found a company in Europe that had them in stock for both the 9mm and 40 S&W. They were willing to ship them to me however they could only ship one at a time to stay below the $$$ limit (importing/tariff regulations) for sending them and with shipping each magazine would be around $140.00 I passed as I was not willing to spend that much $ on one magazine.

Option #2 was a company in New York that worked with people on importing items from other countries. After some back and forth with them they did not feel like there would be enough interest in pursuing it.

Option #3 find a straight .40 cal stick magazine that will fit in the carbine. Cut a slot in it to work as a magazine catch. Take an existing follower from your 10 round factory magazine and have someone 3D scan it, modify the scan to make sure it will fit in your new magazine body and print away. You will also need to modify the new stick magazine in a way that it will not slide to far into the Taurus carbine. This is the issues I was running into with the 9mm version. I have since put the project on the back burner because I do not have a 3D scanner or printer and was relying on a neighbor who has since moved. I think somewhere around here I posted a little about it. The 9mm carbine has an advantage that UZI mags fit in it perfect and give a great starting point for a magazine body. A little Dremel work to make the last shot bolt hold open and to add a release slot for the mag release to fit in. Add a 3D printed sleeve to keep the magazine from going in to far and a replica follower and it will work.

Reactions: Style007

·
Registered
3 Posts
Option #1 many years ago I found a company in Europe that had them in stock for both the 9mm and 40 S&W. They were willing to ship them to me however they could only ship one at a time to stay below the $$$ limit (importing/tariff regulations) for sending them and with shipping each magazine would be around $140.00 I passed as I was not willing to spend that much $ on one magazine.

Option #2 was a company in New York that worked with people on importing items from other countries. After some back and forth with them they did not feel like there would be enough interest in pursuing it.

Option #3 find a straight .40 cal stick magazine that will fit in the carbine. Cut a slot in it to work as a magazine catch. Take an existing follower from your 10 round factory magazine and have someone 3D scan it, modify the scan to make sure it will fit in your new magazine body and print away. You will also need to modify the new stick magazine in a way that it will not slide to far into the Taurus carbine. This is the issues I was running into with the 9mm version. I have since put the project on the back burner because I do not have a 3D scanner or printer and was relying on a neighbor who has since moved. I think somewhere around here I posted a little about it. The 9mm carbine has an advantage that UZI mags fit in it perfect and give a great starting point for a magazine body. A little Dremel work to make the last shot bolt hold open and to add a release slot for the mag release to fit in. Add a 3D printed sleeve to keep the magazine from going in to far and a replica follower and it will work.
Hello, I just found this post as Google searches come up with a million other links when you search. Can you send me the name and contact of the place that you found magazines in Europe? I don't mind paying for the magazines as they are impossible to find. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
40,577 Posts
PM on the way.

Reactions: debonair

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bringing up an old thread.
I sent TaurusExport in Brazil an email. I asked them if they will sell me some .40 S & W Mags. They have lots of stuff listed.
If any one is interested I can give you the Part Numbers, for 3 different size mags, 10 RD, 15 RD, and 30 Rd Mags.
I didn't look up 9MM as I don't own one, but the 9MM carbines are listed.
I don't understand TaurusUSA not at least trying to import some of these mags when they are available in Brazil, at least the 10-15 rdrs.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
40,577 Posts
I sent TaurusExport in Brazil an email. I asked them if they will sell me some .40 S & W Mags. They have lots of stuff listed.
If any one is interested I can give you the Part Numbers, for 3 different size mags, 10 RD, 15 RD, and 30 Rd Mags.
I don't understand TaurusUSA not at least trying to import some of these mags when they are available in Brazil, at least the 10-15 rdrs.

Dave
Let us know how that goes. If reasonable prices I may try the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Dave
I sent them 2 emails and they were unanswered. Did they quote you pricing? I will call if you have part number and order.

Djordje

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have not heard back from Taurus in Brazil. Guess I'll try another email.
Brazil has been hit real hard with covid, so maybe that has something to do with them not answering.
If you go on the brazil site you can get the PNs for the magazines.

Good Luck
Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts