Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All
Does anyone know if mags for a CT-40 are available from Taurus, even just 10 rounders. I havn't called them yet, cause I do'
n't feel like being on the phone all day.
On another thought, what aftermarket mags are convertible to the CT-40, that one can change over to,???.

barracudadave67

·
Super Moderator
40,741 Posts
Have never seen the .40 cal mags for sale and have only seen the 9mm mags on sale a couple of times.

I don't have a .40 I do have a 9mm. My suggestion is start looking around for a straight magazine body that will fit in the .40 mag well and that can be modified feed lip wise to the proper profile. From there you would need to make a follower. This can be accomplished from using yours as a guide. 3-D scan and print is one option. The other option is to make a silicon mold from your existing one and then pour one from a resin. I eventually will try the silicon mold option since I can user a couple different magazine bodies for the 9mm. I read some where on the form here that the 9mm and .40 S&W mag bodies for the Taurus are different dimensions so I don't think that is an option for the .40.

If you come up with a solution please share it here on the forum.

Oh another option is to find someone that will import the magazines for you if they are available for sale in another country. I found a company in Germany that would do it, however it turned out they could only ship one at a time and the cost was just crazy. One magazine was under the dollar value for import/export paperwork.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.