Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
It's not a UM's holster but a $5 knock off of one.
It is an ambidextrous holster and has belt loops, a spring steel belt clip. belt loops on both sides and a thumb break retention strap.

·
Registered
27,567 Posts
Normally I carry strong side. However, if going on a long road trip I will switch to crossdraw. Not only more comfortable, but if someone is attacking from the driver's side, I can draw and aim without sweeping anyone or anything...

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Not for concealed carry.

The only place I use a cross draw holster is in the woods. Even then, it's carried butt forward on the strong side so I can keep my knife on my belt behind it.

Carrying a gun is supposed to be comfortING, not comfortABLE.
But if you’re not somewhat comfortABLE you won’t be carrying and that won’t be comfortING.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I normally carry IWB in the small of my back (6 o'clock).
The only time I carry cross draw is in my car. Then I move my gun from IWB, to a small OWB cross-draw.
A cop I knew pointed out that if you carry cross-draw, and you get in a scuffle with someone, a cross-draw almost "invites" the guy to take your gun.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
But if you’re not somewhat comfortABLE you won’t be carrying and that won’t be comfortING.
After the 1st 30 years, it just becomes a habit.

Reactions: tobywan45

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
My wife wanted a Cross Draw for her G-17. Makes it easier to grab while riding in the car DeSantis Lawman. Then she asked if there was a Cross Draw holster for her G-42, DeSantis Criss Cross, amazingly fast presentation. Got her a Hellcat and another Criss Cross. If she feels like it, she can use it as a pocket holster in cargo pants pocket.

I bought a Galco retention holster touted as a cross draw capable holster. I have yet to use it, for my M&P40C 4" or 3.6".

·
Administrator
18,113 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I started carrying Cross Draw in 1965 and still carry cross style.
I use both horizontal and vertical shoulder holsters. Also pancake and cross draw holsters on belt and a driver's holster for the Bond. And when hunting or fishing I use a Double D chest rig.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I normally carry IWB in the small of my back (6 o'clock).
The only time I carry cross draw is in my car. Then I move my gun from IWB, to a small OWB cross-draw.
A cop I knew pointed out that if you carry cross-draw, and you get in a scuffle with someone, a cross-draw almost "invites" the guy to take your gun.
So if you’re in a scuffle and your gun gets exposed and you appendix carry or 3 o’clock carry, that won’t "invite them” ?

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
So if you’re in a scuffle and your gun gets exposed and you appendix carry or 3 o’clock carry, that won’t "invite them” ?
Yup- because the butt isn't sticking out towards them in a manner that is easy for them to grab it. The thumb break on the holster- if present- is just as easy for them to work as it is for you to use when you reach across your body.

With a behind the hipbone carry at 4 or 8 (the most common position for IWB carry), it's even further out of the grasp of an opponent facing you.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
36,669 Posts
PLUS!!--no self respecting manly type male is going to reach for another males gun if in the appendix carry position!
well at least here in the South, don't know about Kalifornia?
1jx2t5.jpg

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Yup- because the butt isn't sticking out towards them in a manner that is easy for them to grab it. The thumb break on the holster- if present- is just as easy for them to work as it is for you to use when you reach across your body.

With a behind the hipbone carry at 4 or 8 (the most common position for IWB carry), it's even further out of the grasp of an opponent facing you.
Exactly!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts