Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So, I notice that most holsters either hold your pistol straight up, or are canted/ angles forward for better retrieval when drawing.

But what if I decide to cross carry? I have not seen any that angle back - which would actually be angled forward if you are cross carrying.

Administrator
Sounds like you're referring to crossdraw holsters. Probably not the most common of holsters, but there are plenty out there. I even have one, but it's for a Single Action Army.

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen some advertised as cross draw( yeah, that's what I meant) but the cant suggests a side carry.

Registered
Gear Review: Theis EZ-Clip Holster -- TTAG I bought one of these am very please with it and not only can you carry it cross draw you can wear it outside or in tour waist band

Registered
Desantis makes an OWB that has multiple belt slots to accomadate 3-4 o'clock carry and cross draw with the same holster.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8

Registered
I have 4 Serpa holsters set up for cross draw.
It is partially obscured by the mirror. That is my XD40, I also have them for my 1911, Beretta 92 and my S&W 642.
One nice thing about carrying that way is if I am talking to someone I tend to rest my arms on the handlebars and no one realizes my hand is just a couple of inches from the gun. I talk to a lot of people. I am either asked about the scooter or it's an "I saw you at" or a "Didn't I see you on _________ road or highway" conversation.

Attachments

Registered
I carry cross draw. I just use normal right handed holsters and they work great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts