Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never did pay much attention to the ads on these laser grips, then I bought my first high end 1911 and it came with a set of Crimson trace grips. Well, you cannot imagine the thrill I got on my first trip to the range. First of all, these grips come set from the factory at 50 feet. I setup my target for that range and low and behold my rounds came within 1 inch of the bullseye.
For you guy's out there that wear tri-focal eyeglasses you can't imagine what a relief this was. I immediatley went to Ebay and purchased another set of these grips for my Rock Island custom tac. No I do not have any ties with this company, I am only posting this for everyone to see and try them out. Love em!!!

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
I have CTs on my 905s and 709s. I, too, wear trifocals, and while I have learned to get the general area of the target w/o the lasers, I am much better w/ a red dot as guidance...

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I am a big fan also, I bought a glock 21 in 95' that came with a first generation crimson trace laser. It was built into the gun and worked great, in fact a good friend bought a G23 with laser the same day and it still works great.

I have had many sets since and all have worked great for me, bright and do not loose their settings. I currently have a set on my LCP and my Kimber Tactical Custom II,

I am on their mailing list from registering the grips and every once in a while they will give out coupons. I now get a set of batteries per year for the rest of my life for the 1911 grips!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Ya'll keep those great-lookin' pics a comin'! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am a big fan also, I bought a glock 21 in 95' that came with a first generation crimson trace laser. It was built into the gun and worked great, in fact a good friend bought a G23 with laser the same day and it still works great.

I have had many sets since and all have worked great for me, bright and do not loose their settings. I currently have a set on my LCP and my Kimber Tactical Custom II,

I am on their mailing list from registering the grips and every once in a while they will give out coupons. I now get a set of batteries per year for the rest of my life for the 1911 grips!
how do u like them on the lcp ? does it fit in the pocket holster well ?
thx

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
how do u like them on the lcp ? does it fit in the pocket holster well ?
thx

I really like them on the LCP,

It totally changes how the gun can be shot. With the sights so small it is hard to get much of a sight picture at more than a couple yards, of course that's all the gun was designed for but with the laser I can hit much further out. I have shot a couple groundhogs with it, one at around 15yards, and I shot a grapefruit at 15 yards this past summer, with one shot. Really makes you realize how accurate this little gun can be.

As for holster fit, I bought the gun without the laser and cannot tell any difference in pocket holster fit with the laser.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I love those CT grips. I have them on my Judge magnum, Judge UL, S&W Governor,S&W model 66, FM hi power and my duty Sig 228.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts