Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a coupon that would give me a few $$$ off any Crimson Trace product at Natchez. I noticed there are Judge-specific laser grips made by Crimson Trace.

Anybody have any experience with them? I am familiar with Crimson Trace generally, but wondered if anybody has actually bought them for a Judge and what their experience with them has been?

I have a 3x3 Judge - it is on HD/nightstand duty in a normal sized bedroom. Not sure a laser adds much to a shot at that very close distance - it is close enough that even point shooting without using the sights would likely work just fine. But in low-light and under a lot of pressure, maybe the dot would help at the margins.

So I am on the fence about it. If anybody has had any experiences good or bad with a laser grip on the Judge, please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had one on my Judge and found it to be an asset for sure. Sold the judge but have one that is new in box laser grip posted to the classifieds if you are still looking.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Seeing as this thread is over 3 years old and the last thing that the OP ever posted on this forum, I'm going to assume that he's no longer around to see this thread, and has most likely already long since gotten himself a pair of Crimson Trace grips for his Judge.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How much do they generally go for? And are they as comfortable as the original ribber grips?

·
Registered
856 Posts
I messed with the cheaper than mud variety to observe the novelty in lasers. Their effectiveness convinced me to buy a couple of CT grips for my favorite snubbies. Both revolvers can be nasty hand slappers when using full loads, so when at the range I wear gloves lined with Viscolas to avoid the shock of recoil. Sure makes shooting more enjoyable.

SP101 .357/.38
P1090970.JPG

.44 Bulldog file photo. The hammer on mine is bobbed.
lg-325_classic_web_2.jpg
My pocket pistol is handy too with its LaserMax.
P1090896.JPG
These lasers are each sighted to 50' and they work swell. I love 'em to peaches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts