Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys kinda new here but thought id share the story of my weekend project with yall. <br><br>SO I sold my Beretta 92 a few weeks ago and kept the ct grips off it to use or sell later. My dad picked up a Taurus pt99 non decocker that I had never seen one of before , I thought all taurus's had the decocker, so I had him send me pics and the first thing I noticed was that the left side grips screws were the same as a beretta( top screw is high). SO I told him about the ct grips I had and we decided to install them when he got down here to Austin.<br><br>So this is how you do it lol.<br><br>Parts Needed<br>beretta 92 ct grips<br>dremel with carbide or other high strength cutting bit <br>dremel sanding wheels<br>a good vise<br>a few hours free time<br>a good set of eyes.<br><br>Now i didn't take pictures of everything but I will source some pics from the web later to fill in the blanks.<br><br>Step 1- take a deep breath think about this once you do this you cant go back, this install REQUIRES cutting off the right side of the ambi safety.<br><br>Step 2- Remove current grips, and slide then look at the left hand side of your safety you will see a roll pin. Drive out that roll pin and pull off your safety if memory serves right side first and on the left side be careful not to lose the detent.<br><br>Step 3- place right hand safety in a vise and fire up your dremel with cutting attachment, this metal was super tough it will take a little time to cut. cut it so all that is left it the flat disc that the safety was attached to. when your done clean it up with emery cloth or sand paper if you wish ( it will be covered by the laser). and re install your safety.<br><br>Step 4 - set the ct grips onto the left grip panel and mark them for clearance for the safety both off and on. cut that notch first. the switch to a small sanding wheel and notch for the round part of the safety. after that you will notice that they still wont sit flat. take your dremel and thin the back side out so that the nub on the safety can move freely and they sit flat. <br><br>step 5- oil your trigger bar on the right side ( this is very important other wise the trigger will not reset it needs some lubrication at first to wear in the grips. and install your grips.<br><br>step 6- enjoy your new ct equipped pt99 or 92 or whatever you have. this  may be possible on later models if you drill the grips for the left side upper screw hole.<br><br>Pictures.<br><br>
[/URL]<br><br>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I had this written out all nice and neat and it showed up all bunched up and full of code. if anyone would care to fix this please do, thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
So I had this written out all nice and neat and it showed up all bunched up and full of code. if anyone would care to fix this please do, thanks.
Go back into your post using the "edit post" button at the bottom of that post. Back space into the code and use the usual "enter" and "spacebar" to clean up.

If I try and edit it I may lose what you wrote. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts