Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I wonder if bullets are going to go the way of gasoline, where everyone remembers how cheap gas was but we give up on the idea that prices will every be lower or steady again.
That site doesn't even seem to work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I popped into alamoammo.com that was advertised in the header. They advertised american eagle 9mm for $49 for a box of 50. I just bought the same ammo at academy for $12 a box 3 weeks ago. Every one of these places is jacking prices up insanely. But that is the law of supply and demand. Higher the demand an lower the supply causes the price to skyrocket.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Yea Alamo ammo had bulk .22lr for $249.99 a while back.... ridiculous! And they aren't the only ones by any means. Its peaked in my area. So it seems anyway. Some prices are coming down. Just bought .40 s&w FMJ for $0.35 per round. That's the best I have been able to find since December.... Except for reloads

CF

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
USAmmo used to be a source for me, but I started having bad luck with them well before the ban panic. Doesn't surprise me that they have these kind of prices. I used to think they were a facility that reloaded ammo, but I've heard they actually outsource much or all of the reloading, so their stuff isn't likely to be any cheaper than anywhere else.

Too bad. I used to get .38 ammo from them for $11 for a box of 50.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Well, If I thought Armageddon was coming next week, I might pop for that price, however, since I think Armageddo is at least a month away, I will generously sell my .45 acp ammo for only $1.00 a round! :)

I do have a 1,000 rd pack of M-2 Winchester .22 that I would not sell at this point for less than $100, but I really don't want to sell any more of my ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts