Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
22,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one of these in person on a recent visit to my LGS. Semi Automatic Shotgun | SRM Arms

The set of tubes under the barrel is set of magazines, and you can rotate the tubes to bring a new magazine into operation. So it has four times the capacity of a regular shotgun, and you can also do things like load buckshot in one tube, slugs in another, birdshot in another, and tootsie rolls in the last. Although I don't know why you'd want to, it would be really tough to clean after the shooting session.

Anyone fired one of these?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
That is pretty cool. I like the detachable mag. I was afraid to look up their price. I'm going to make myself think that they are $$$$ so I don't dream over them too long lol

Creek

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I vote for ugly gun of the year..

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Load that thing up with slugs and tote it around for a while. Wonder what the loaded weight is?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Great novelty shotgun. But unless you were having a zombie attack, I can't see owning one. It looks a too fragile for military usage, but maybe for riot control in law enforcement.
If I had all the guns I needed (or wanted), I might want to try one.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I like it, but $1100 would be my limit .

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
You gotta admit, it would be comforting to have 16 rounds of your preferred 12 gauge home defense round ready at hand when things go bump in the night. And it just doubled the normal capacity of an extended tube HD shotgun in a package that's shorter by a good bit.

On the other hand, it would be a pain in the butt to try to tote the thing very much. That many 12 gauge rounds on/in a shotgun is HEAVY (I've got 18 in/on my 1100 and it's a pig when it comes to handling but it's much longer). The good news is most of the weight seems to be between the hands, so it ought to balance fairly well. You're still gonna need arms like Popeye to manhandle it around but it ought to be fairly neutral balanced in the hand once you get it shouldered.

I don't like that it doesn't come with any sort of traditional, low tech iron sights. Holosights are cool but batteries die. I like simple (because complicated normally means a higher rate of failure) and nothing's simpler in the shooting world than a shotgun bead. It goes onto my Maybe list- if they come up with a sight combo that has a ghost ring/post front with a big bead on it.

Needs a light, too. Most of the time I've felt the need to grab my 1100, it's been after dark. I've got a Surefire Responder forearm on it and that little 6P will light up a room, along with being a weapon unto itself in a low light situation (you suddenly throw that much concentrated light on somebody who has had their eyes adjust to low light and they ain't seeing squat for a while).

Reactions: aquajim

·
Registered
24,853 Posts
That one would a great SHTF gun.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
One sold on Gunsmamerica for $2499
Spare mags are $220. That one goes on my "powerball" list. It's compact, lightweight and would be great for SD or open class in 3-Gun!!

Not a glam shot but a short shooting vid:

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
It's an interesting gun. Cost prohibitive, but cool.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
They are pricey, I have one on back-order for a customer. right now they have a six month back-up in production. I look forward to his coming in so we can go to the range and do some shooting with it.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
That's pretty ingenious. There are a number of magazine fed shotguns around, but the magazines get really long, really fast. That tubular magazine seems to be a much better format for a shotgun.

·
Super Moderator
21,721 Posts
This is what I Heard other than its one great gun. DON'T HOLD IT TOO TIGHT HERE!!!!! MAKE SURE YOU HOLD IT TIGHT HERE!!!! YOU HAVE TO PULL REAL HARD HERE!!!!! I think thats a little too much to think about in a gunfight. I'll take my mossy 500 anyday. It shoots at any angle and no matter what kind of grip you have on it. I've shot a few fancy home defense shotties and find the simpler the better. I once saw a Franchi SPAS 12 jam so bad it had to be taken apart by a gunsmith to fix.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts