Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I judted noticed today that my PT1911 has a small crack in the hammernear the grip safety. Has anyone else had this happen? Pistol only has about 3,000 rds through it :)

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome from TX! You need to contact Taurus CS @ 1-800-327-3776 or 1-305-624-1115. If the gun needs to go back to Taurus for repair and if you bought it within 1 year, Taurus will send the FedEx truck to your door to pick it up. The barrel of my PT145 got a few chips after shooting about 200 rds so I sent it back to Taurus for a 10 day vacation to replace the barrel.

·
Registered
624 Posts
This is the first time I've heard of this happening, when was your PT 1911 built, it might be a bad batch.

Cuban

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked it last night with a bright light and magnifying glass. just a tool mark,not anything serious. Now i'm waiting for it to warm up,so I can go play at the range.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Now that's an answer I like. "-just a tool mark-"

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Checked it last night with a bright light and magnifying glass. just a tool mark,not anything serious. Now i'm waiting for it to warm up,so I can go play at the range.
For some reason this thread reminded me of many years ago. I was brushing my teeth one morning, and I always scrub my tongue off good while I'm at it. I had my tongue stuck way out, when I noticed these terrible looking bumps on the back of my tongue. I freaked out, and made an appointment with the doctor. When I got to the doc's I explained the situation, and he put a tongue depressor in my mouth and told me to say 'ah.' His next words would haunt me all the days of my life - "Those are your taste buds. Try not sticking your tongue out so far." :D

Glad it was nothing serious.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Glad it was nothing!

·
Super Moderator
35,521 Posts
They pretty much all have that line in the hammer. We've discussed it and have photos posted in the 1911 section.

How are you liking that sweet pistol?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once I got a look at it with a strong light and magnifier, I guessed as much. I went to the range,and put 60 rds of military ball through it to check it out. I'm not used to seeing casting marks on pistol hammers,and kinda freaked. :D

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
For some reason this thread reminded me of many years ago. I was brushing my teeth one morning, and I always scrub my tongue off good while I'm at it. I had my tongue stuck way out, when I noticed these terrible looking bumps on the back of my tongue. I freaked out, and made an appointment with the doctor. When I got to the doc's I explained the situation, and he put a tongue depressor in my mouth and told me to say 'ah.' His next words would haunt me all the days of my life - "Those are your taste buds. Try not sticking your tongue out so far." :D

Glad it was nothing serious.
O'h, how I hate those tongue depressors. They ought to call them Gag sticks!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts