Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my 24/7 G2C .45 "near new" , supposedly had only one mag shot through it and for whatever reason the person decided to sell it.

1. is it normal for the slide release button to be real hard to push on it? i need two hands to release the slide , my 908 9mm i need one finger. Keep in mind this is my first .45 , only have owned the 9mm til now so just the harder spring pressure maybe?

2. Mind you its been stupid cold lately and only had a chance to stop off and run 2 mags through it before i got home from work (22 rounds) and im sure some could be just break in issues , the fail to feed in the 10 round mag im not concerned about just yet but the last round in the 12 round mag failed to eject in a way ive never seen , a LEO friend of mine thought it odd as well , it was a stovepipe type FTE and the ridge on the round actually caught the top of the mag after eject and was stuck there pointing straight up. Had to drop mag and pull it out . Follower didnt come all the way up maybe?

Thanks Gang !! :)

· Premium Member
17,743 Posts
Do you have more than one mag? If two, Is it hard to depress the slide release with both? Is it hard to depress with no mag in it? Does the last round failure happen with both mags if you have 2? I kind of suspect a bad mag.

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the slide release is hard with both mags. I have a 10 and a 12 round and it was the 12 i had the last round FTE. I cleaned the mags well after just in case that was it but havent had a chance to get out and try it again. I know there was still quite a bit of grease in the gun when i bought it which i cleaned out. Oh and the slide doesnt lock open with no mag in

· Registered
53 Posts
Well I have this exact gun, I too found it hard to press the slide release at first. I have probably 300-400 rounds through it, and it has gotten much easier. Still a little stiff but bearable. As for the mag problem, I don't know. I've only had problems feeding certain hollow points, and no ejection problems yet. Being it was previously owned, you might try leaving mags fully loaded over night(recommended in owners manual), and check the follower as you said. Either way your gonna need to put more rounds through it to find out. Hope I could help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.