Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, a question based on curiosity:
My high polished Judge has a serial number that begins with AV and my matt stainless finished Judge has a serial number that begins with BM. Was wondering what other numbering schemes there are for the 3" stainless guns, including the ultralight.

Next very STUPID question:
Like a newbie, I thought the .410 bore brass brush that I had could be used to clean the cylinder and of course it's too small. What size brush do you use for the cylinder? I'm a semi-auto person and don't know the proper way to clean a cylinder so any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

And last....is there a manual specifically for The Judge that talks about the parts, recommended/authorized ammo, etc? The one that came with mine is a generic revolver manual.

Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
Where are you Robby??? These questions are just waiting for you to answer :D

·
Registered
959 Posts
QB,...

1) Well, here's the Box end for My Factory Polished Judge... Also notice the Part Number...."PSS" stands for Polished Stainless Steel...

2) You use a .50 Cal Brass Brush, or take one of your 20, 16, Gage Brushes over to your Grinder, tune it down to 1/2"... Close counts, the Gun doesn't care...<:))
Yes you need more than one... 5 holes raises hell with them if you shoot alot, and Clean alot... You may get one at local Gun store, same one you use in a Smoke Pole Barrel... Check your Rod Thread Size...
10x32 Rifle size Rod
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/48496-57345-781.html
8x32 Pistol size Rod
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=524667&t=11082005

PS. take one to the Range with you... you may need to Brush out at the Range if you shoot alot...

3) NO

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much....I do shoot and clean alot so I'll get a pile of 50-cal brushes today.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Well I bought a small kit for cleaning that was .45 size. It seems to work OK. When I bought my other pistols and revolvers, I just added the appropriate ends to my original. Now I am good from .45,357, 9mm, down to 22LR. The short pistol revolver rod works great in all the hand guns, and I have a 3 piece rod for the long guns.

As to the manuals, gee all they had is generic revolver until you get to parts and diagrams, then the Judge comes up in the midsts of that mess. But I reccomend the parts list on the site at this link. http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/parts/410.pdf

·
Registered
124 Posts
Q1 - I don't know.
Q2 - I use a .45 bore snake
Q3 - Nothing is recommend from Taurus, but I recommend any Winchester shells. They don't have ribbing on the plastic, which makes for easier loading and extracting. (I mentioned this before in detail, you should be able to find it with a search.)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have several .45ACP bore snakes, didn't think about trying that but I certainly will do so.

Luckily the ammo I purchased is Winchester..bought an assortment to try out.

Bookmarked the pdf file for parts....

My new Judges thank you.........

Matte stainless 3" barrel

Polished Stainless Cabelas Special Package 3" barrel

·
Registered
959 Posts
Holy Smokes QB,... your going to put the HURT on anybody that comes to your house uninvited...!!!...<:))

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
QB said:
Matte stainless 3" barrel

Polished Stainless Cabelas Special Package 3" barrel
Now wouldn't those make a great CC Weapon. I love my long one, but those are pretty!! I want to go shoot this afternoon so bad. Getting ready for my CCW lesson on Tuesday.

·
Registered
178 Posts
QB my thought was the .50 cal bore brush, but it's been suggested already. Enjoy your Judge, they are sure getting popular, should be great in snake country.Welcome to the forum & we'd like a range report when you shoot it. Thanks Frank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts