Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a base model TX22 and it's been a terrific pistol. I use it training for action pistol events, especially while 9mm ammo was nearly impossible to find.....or afford. <g>

So I'm pretty familiar with the general pistol. One thing I changed on my TX22 was the recoil spring guide assembly. I replaced the OEM one with one from Lakeline and have noticed no issues when slide battering. But then I noticed none in the 200 rounds with the OEM assembly either. But I installed the Lakeline as cheap insurance.

I cannot find such a recoil assembly for the Competition model....is there one? Is it needed even? Maybe Taurus has changed the design of their recoil assembly with a better buffer? My TX22 was shipped September 2021. I just ordered the Competition model yesterday, so don't have it in front of me yet.

Holsters? I figure my TX22 holster will not fit the Competition model due to the forward placement of the sight (Holosun HS407c) has been ordered. I suspect I might not be able to modify the TX22 holster enough to fit the sight, but I don't know yet. Any thoughts on that?

I have no problems wearing (aka "breaking in") my TX22 last year, it shot everything I had such as Eley standard velocity, Mini-Mags, CCI SD, Aguila SD and HV, Wolf Match Target, Tac-22, etc. I expect the competition model will be the same, although I plan to use something a bit warmer than CCI or Aguila standard velocity for at least the first 50 rounds or so.

Doug

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a base model TX22 and it's been a terrific pistol. I use it training for action pistol events, especially while 9mm ammo was nearly impossible to find.....or afford. <g>

So I'm pretty familiar with the general pistol. One thing I changed on my TX22 was the recoil spring guide assembly. I replaced the OEM one with one from Lakeline and have noticed no issues when slide battering. But then I noticed none in the 200 rounds with the OEM assembly either. But I installed the Lakeline as cheap insurance.

I cannot find such a recoil assembly for the Competition model....is there one? Is it needed even? Maybe Taurus has changed the design of their recoil assembly with a better buffer? My TX22 was shipped September 2021. I just ordered the Competition model yesterday, so don't have it in front of me yet.

Holsters? I figure my TX22 holster will not fit the Competition model due to the forward placement of the sight (Holosun HS407c) has been ordered. I suspect I might not be able to modify the TX22 holster enough to fit the sight, but I don't know yet. Any thoughts on that?

I have no problems wearing (aka "breaking in") my TX22 last year, it shot everything I had such as Eley standard velocity, Mini-Mags, CCI SD, Aguila SD and HV, Wolf Match Target, Tac-22, etc. I expect the competition model will be the same, although I plan to use something a bit warmer than CCI or Aguila standard velocity for at least the first 50 rounds or so.

Doug
1. I have shot 200 rounds a week for over a year and a half with NO wear issues and any malfunctions I have had are due to dirty parts. I have no issues with ammo with a clean gun (I haven't risked the green and yellow Remington). As far as holsters......Forged Tech Holsters.........you tell them what you want and it shows up later. Their holster allows for red dots, the factory (or TK tall iron sights), you can use a compensator if you buy the TK BLACK rectangular one (not the silver round one). And a very neat feature for competition is that you can push the gun to the rear and it is locked in, after you load and make ready you don't push it back and the gun stays put but can be drawn straight up. They also have a very nice belt attachment set up which can be adjusted to different sized belts.
Good luck!
Larry

·
Registered
678 Posts
[QUOTE="larry8061, post: 5821008, member: 84686..Forged Tech Holsters.........you tell them what you want and it shows up later. Their holster allows for red dots, the factory (or TK tall iron sights), you can use a compensator if you buy the TK BLACK rectangular one (not the silver round one). And a very neat feature for competition is that you can push the gun to the rear and it is locked in, after you load and make ready you don't push it back and the gun stays put but can be drawn straight up. They also have a very nice belt attachment set up which can be adjusted to different sized belts. Larry [/QUOTE]

I have one on order and it's now up to seven weeks lead time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
........Forged Tech Holsters.........you tell them what you want and it shows up later. Their holster allows for red dots, the factory (or TK tall iron sights), you can use a compensator if you buy the TK BLACK rectangular one (not the silver round one). And a very neat feature for competition is that you can push the gun to the rear and it is locked in, after you load and make ready you don't push it back and the gun stays put but can be drawn straight up. They also have a very nice belt attachment set up which can be adjusted to different sized belts.
Good luck!
Larry
Thanks for the info on the pistol and holster, Larry, I will make a note of that holster brand.

Doug

·
Registered
17 Posts
[QUOTE="larry8061, post: 5821008, member: 84686..Forged Tech Holsters.........you tell them what you want and it shows up later. Their holster allows for red dots, the factory (or TK tall iron sights), you can use a compensator if you buy the TK BLACK rectangular one (not the silver round one). And a very neat feature for competition is that you can push the gun to the rear and it is locked in, after you load and make ready you don't push it back and the gun stays put but can be drawn straight up. They also have a very nice belt attachment set up which can be adjusted to different sized belts. Larry
I have one on order and it's now up to seven weeks lead time.
[/QUOTE]

I am not surprised. 1. There aren't a lot of people offering a Holster for the TX22 competition and this holster is THAT good. 2. I think at least in the very beginning it was just him doing the work. (It's worth the wait - I promise!) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts