Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visited my brother over 4th of July and he gave me a couple of his guns. I think he is feeling is mortality, he turned 70 this year. One is a NEW Polish 1955 M44 Mosin, number matching. The other is a Swedish 6.5x55 Mauser that he sporterized for hunting. No one can figure out the rear sight that he put on. He manufactured the front sight himself. He also gave me brass, dies and bullets for the Mosin and some ammo for the Mauser.

IMG_0751[1].jpg IMG_0757[1].JPG IMG_0758[1].jpg IMG_0759[1].jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Cool! Wish I had brothers who'd give me guns. :)

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Wow. I'm jealous, that 1955 Polish Mosin Nagant Carbine looks like it just came of the factory floor.

Congratulations...ENJOY! :icon_ lala:

·
Registered
24,854 Posts
Very nice. I hope your brother is okay.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Man that's one heck of a rear sight. It almost looks like the peep sight is mounted on a bar that can be moved left or right for windage using the knob on the side.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have never had the pleasure to fire one, but I have heard those Swedish Mausers are like butter to shoot. Both look beautiful.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice. I hope your brother is okay.
He's ok. I just think he is giving people what he wants them to have now to enjoy while he is still here. He is as healthy as a mule and as stubborn as one, too!

Reactions: Lil Beaver

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow. I'm jealous, that 1955 Polish Mosin Nagant Carbine looks like it just came of the factory floor.

Congratulations...ENJOY! :icon_ lala:
The nagant looks brand new. He only put about 25 rounds through it and didn't like it. The bore looks brand new.

·
Super Moderator
40,640 Posts
Love the guns that kick like a mule, Congrats!

·
Administrator
18,192 Posts
Very very Nice! :cool: Congratulations! :)

You will want to get Reloading Dies for the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser, as well. Wonderful Cartridge! Very Accurate.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Cherish them and make sure the family know the history so that they can become family heirlooms.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, All my Brother ever gives me is a hard time.

Want to trade brothers?
I think I'll keep him. Our dad died when I was a baby and he served that role for me most of my life. We have actually become very close the last ten years or so.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice! Great rifles. The Poles are a cut above the average m44.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Visited my brother over 4th of July and he gave me a couple of his guns. I think he is feeling is mortality, he turned 70 this year. One is a NEW Polish 1955 M44 Mosin, number matching. The other is a Swedish 6.5x55 Mauser that he sporterized for hunting. No one can figure out the rear sight that he put on. He manufactured the front sight himself. He also gave me brass, dies and bullets for the Mosin and some ammo for the Mauser.

View attachment 59668 View attachment 59670 View attachment 59671 View attachment 59672
Nice rifles! I really like that Swede! :cool:

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I talked to my brother tonight and the swede has a military target sight and he made the front sight from a piece of 1/2" conduit and a nail!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts