Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have been reading nothing but good about the M92's and the Rio Grande as of late. They had them for a almost silly cheap price at Bud's and I got a good gun smith in case I had tolerance issues. Well not only am I pleasantly surprised my gun smith is disappointed since he is not needed haha. I purchased the 16" blued M92 in 44mag and the 20" blued Rio Grande in 30-30. They make my recent purchase and quick sell of a Marlin(Remlin) 336 all more valid. They are exquisite for the money. Beautiful bluing, beautiful hard wood(this picture is not a good representation of the wood the lighting is bad and it is a phone camera). Great fitment of wood to metal. No buggered manufacturing marks, scratches or blemishes accept for one tiny dent in the stock of the M92(not even worth mentioning). The actions are just fine. No feed issues, no double feeds, easy loading, really nice triggers: a little take up no creep and a clean break at I am assuming around 3-5lbs. Bolts cycle smooth especially the Rio Grande and the M92 lock up is solid as a rock. Sites are straight and well mounted, barrels are straight no canting and not one loose screw. I am so inspired I just picked up a blue'd 16" M92 in 38/357 which is on the way(and that's it, haha). The M92 chambered in 44 is getting a little brother next week in a 4" Smith 629 in 44. All the rifles will get steel followers and upgraded mag springs and Wolf Spring sets. I will update as I start putting some rounds down range but I have a feeling I am going to be all smiles, now if ya'll could please excuse me I got some shooten' to do!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
What nice rifles! Range report when you can!

Creek

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new shooters.

·
Registered
24,610 Posts
Nice family photo. Beautiful guns.

·
Super Moderator
40,507 Posts