Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an Email from CenterFire Systems the other day about these .45 ACP pistols. Well I got my wife the Taurus 1911 38 super so I thought I would give these guys a try.

SA-COM45-T.jpg

SA-ELITE45-T.jpg

Reactions: darbo and Willboat

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Nice let us know how they shoot esp. the 38 super

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took the two 1911 .45's Shooter Arms I got from CenterFire Systems out today. I am not really very happy.....hate to start things out this way but CenterFire Systems frankly sucks!!! They give little to any updates on your order and the only reason I knew the guns had arrived is b.c. I happen to be at my LGS looking for .45acp ammo. One of the guns had a tag attached to it that actually stated it was a used firearm, sooo.....that's great I paid full price for a used gun??? The other one also had a tag but it was new. After a through cleaning I took both of them out today with my EAA 45 witness-p, that is a great gun but I digress. On the first mag I had two FTE's so that is great. Without fail I got to the other longer version called the ELITE, though it should probably be called the FTE and malfunction special. After the third FTE and multiple double loads I sort of thought either it was the ammo or these guns aren't so great. I concluded these would just be "fun guns" after the shells literally started to hit me in the glasses and land on my head. Please note CenterFire Systems 1911 Shooter Arms guns need a fair amount of tweaking before they will probably function correctly. Currently I need to test different ammo which will be a challenge these days and replace/fix the ejector and probably some other components in the guns before they are ready for real shooting. Go with the RIA if you have to buy from CenterFire Systems, or my recommendation just don't buy from CFS.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE!!
After adjusting the ejector on the ELITE to see if it would make any differnce, IT DID!! The gun now functions great, no FTE's or bullets flying at my head. I used both 1911 to make sure it wasn't possible anything like the ammo but after three different rounds the ELITE was still ejecting shells correctly and the other 1911 I have not adjusted yet it still throwing shells at me. But I am confident that after I ajust the ejector on that one it will be working as good as the other one. So I would recommend the S.A.M's 1911 after a couple of tweaks.

·
Administrator
18,183 Posts
Interesting! Hope you got a decent price on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts