1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
It doesn't say how many of each rifle they have in stock, but the prices are reasonable for Colts.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I don`t think we are even close to being out of the woods yet... Time will tell..

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Good for CDNN and realistic pricing no matter what the circumstances!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I don't we're there yet, harley - - - - - but we're getting there. Any kind of public panic always fades away. I have never thought the panic was ever caused by experienced gun owners. I believe the bulk of it was caused by those who didn't own a gun, saw the hand-writing on the wall, and decided to get with the program. And the same is true of ammo.

But I think a non-shooter, who now owns a gun, maybe took it to the range once or twice to try it out, and probably started stockpiling some ammo. Which, IMHO, for a non-shooter, is probably about 10 boxes. Yes, we TAers only seem to be comfortable when we have 5000 rounds on the shelf, but non-shooters think differerntly. So with the non-shooters armed and ammo'd up, I think it will slowly return to normal.

WE, the experienced shooters, will keep it going for a while, unintentionally, because we'll keep grabbing all the ammo we can. That's just human. I've bought stuff I did NOT need, because there was a box on the shelf. Until, we too are sure that supplies are normalizing. then we'll go back to our normal buying habits. This may take another 12 months, though.

Just my $ .02

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Been seeing 223 ammo at all my GS around here but pistol ammo has been really scarce actually seems to be getting worse then before.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Gun inventory will return before ammo does. I would like to have as many ARs and AKs as possible but since I have 2 of each, I consider myself good. That's probably the way most people feel. Now, you can never have enough ammo, and no one else can either. That's where we are getting to now

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
My LGS had Winchester White Box in 9mm for $69.99 for a 100 round box! I passed....no 22lr seemed to have mostly 40, but I didn't check the price. I will check somewhere else soon....just been too busy to get there.

I really hope the prices drop and the supply increases....or snap caps will be all I am shooting soon!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
i am seeing some ammo in local gun shops plenty 22lr but 5 to 7$ for 50 rounds walmart got in 40 boxes of 22lr for 2.17 per 50 yesterday not any 9mm if so any shows up is around 30 to 35$ per 50 also starting to see some of the mid range pistols IN kimber, sti and a few sig pricing as much as 10 % over retail. I am not seeeing any of lesser cost smaller guns yet such as rock island. ati or sti spartans compact sizes and havent seen any 1911 style 9mm other than rock island fs 1911 in 9 mm which are what i look for i rotate through about 7 shops a week checking trades and new inventory

JHP

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
It is settling down as far as firearms go....my closest WalMart has the Colt LE 6920 in stock for $1,047.

Ammo?.....that's another animal altogether.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,741 Posts
I also noticed that CDNN was selling 30 round AR mags for $14.99, down from $30.00 just a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I went to my LGS yesterday for the first time in a while. They had a few EBRs in stock. Said they had .40 and .45ACP to sell, in the past they would only sell it for use at their range. They had 9mm but for range sale only. The pistol cabinets looked a little better stocked than the last time I was in there. Slowly things might be changing.

Now if my local reloading supply place would ever get some projectiles I'd be happy!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Stopped at LGS today to pick up some 380, which he always seems to have and at pre-panic pricing for a LGS, that is 50 rds FMJ 95 gr for 19.99 - all brass. Owner told me that he is finding it HARDER to get 22lr now than even last month. He had none.

·
Registered
589 Posts
That's what I'm seeing at the local single big box GS. For several months after the election, when I went in, people were a couple of people deep around all the gin cases. Like hogs at a trough. Then for a while, their gun cases were bare. Now they have 75% full cases.

However, in the case of handgun ammo their shelves are still virtually empty.

PS-This same store has had .327 Fed Mag rounds the entire time.

It is settling down as far as firearms go....my closest WalMart has the Colt LE 6920 in stock for $1,047.

Ammo?.....that's another animal altogether.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Things are not "settling down".Rather, this is just another lull before the next storm kicks off. Don't think for a second Newtown will be the last mass murder ever to hit the United States, and the players who triggered the last panic don't vacate office until after 2016.

·
Registered
748 Posts
At the Gun Slinger show in Fort Wayne yesterday there was a large amount of all types of ammo. One could purchase anything desired in any amount desired. One brick of .22LR Remington Gold (525) as $65-75 at every dealer. Only near-decent price was on a brand of which I had never heard previously. C.O.P. (Copper Only Projectile). They had many calibers, but the 9mm was going at $0.72/round for hollow-point. Unlimited supply, but few were buying. The ammo is there, but at ridiculous prices. Few were buying. I just took my money home. I refuse to pay 4-10X normal prices for a product.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts