Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
22,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have to say I am very pleased with the performance of my 1911 right out of the box. On average it was shooting a hair low which can be attributed to my use of the str 8 sights.
I did make very similar hits with the M&P .45 with 3 dots so it is more likely me not the gun. I shot both types of ammo with both guns at both distances and I was consistant.

I take a couple of things from this. First I am a Smith M&P fan and love both of mine. With the PT1911 shooting as accurate as the M&P in the same caliber tells me the craftmenship of both guns are similar. Second I like the fact that I can be consistant in a caliber type with different style or brand guns.

Another point is my reloads are shooting as or more accurate than the factory ammo with less kick. Well that is the point of reloading competition ammo isn't it?

All in all I think the PT1911 was a smart and solid purchase. :thumb:

·
22,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
One other tid bit of info I forgot to mention.

I have seen posts of mag problems with the PT1911 and questions about different brand mags working in the PT.

I used the 3 different mags at my range session. The 2 that came with the gun, 2 that came with my Springfield and the 5 aftermarket 10 rnd competition mags I have.
The gun didn't know the difference. Out of the 100 or so rounds of wwb and reloads the gun never hickupped.

Again I am happy with the gun and I plan to shoot some IPSC matches with it soon.

I will give a report on that when that happens.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.