Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing a little searching for Taurus guns on the web and came across a discussing on another forum which is not so Taurus friendly. Well it is a 8 page or so talk between people and I found a person named BluesStringer that had a nasty little thing to say about TaurusArmed.net thought y'all might want to take a look see and see this for yourself. Don't know if he is telling the truth or not. Ive never seen such a thing on this site.

It is on the 2nd page I believe.

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/taurus/41761-my-2-cents-taurus.html

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Well shoot!! That is old news, there have been a lot more that said worse, on TFL, and other sites. We comment when we can, let them come here and read the good, the bad, and the ugly.

You have to pick the trash from the flowers on a lot of those sites.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Shenanigans! The guy barely gave anyone a chance to answer his posts before he went to Gun and Game forums to bitch about TaurusArmed.net. A quick look at his post history here and the timestamp on his post on the Gun and Game forums will show that he was looking to stir things up. I'm quite sure that if he had gotten a PM from someone affiliated with TA.net he would have posted it on the Gun and Game forums. He sure does have a lot to say there compared to the few paragraphs he posted here in all 6 of his posts.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I did some digging and I found the guy. He didn't appear to cause any trouble but wasn't around here very long.

I didn't read the entire thread but he didn't seem to be doing real well. The knowledgeable members there seem to be fairly open minded and work from their experience not from hersay.

Steelheart

·
Registered
514 Posts
Well, Glock is not perfect, Springfield is not perfect, Kimber is not perfect, S&W is not perfect, Para is not perfect, Ruger is not perfect....and... TAURUS is not perfect. We're all entitled to our opinions. Including Taurus "haters" and Taurus owners. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
22,310 Posts
Wonder what his shrink told him to trash to day he sure did get a lot off his chest on that post lets see 50/50 of PT 145 owners hate there guns LOL I'm sorry but I don't buy it . I've been here awhile and that's not the case as I'm looking to get either the mil pro in 45 or 9mm in just a month I've been to every gun shop out there and they drop there mags as should and function as best as i can tell. Oh and if you buy from Academy sports they pay for the shipping if your gun needs to be sent in pretty good deal. plus the second strike capability is a +. so I hope he gets the treatment he deserves and has a happy life. And by the way I own several brands of guns my favorites right now are my XD-9 and MY baby the PT 1911 Which had 1 bad mag and over 1000 rounds, shoots everything I can throw at it. :)

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
:D :D :D He thinks that some forums are unfriendly? He should spend a little time on ARF.com!! Maybe ask them what they think of the HK 416/417 and it's gas-piston set-up. Or why the 1950's technology of the AR hasn't been able to be improved. :rolleyes:

I used to post on Denny Hanson's Forum, until a disagreement with a Moderator over outrageous, and indefensible, claims had me emailing Mr. Hanson. After that, the Mod banned me. However, I don't go around bad-mouthing that, or any other, forum.

I've used Taurus Customer Service, and found it appropriate on the one instance of that use. As for the cost of shipping, don't blame Taurus, blame UPS and FedEx. They're the companies that decided to require a premium shipping service, rather than increased internal security and vetting of employees, was the answer to wholesale theft during shipping.

The old "tough trigger pull" warranty job is also a ruse. The "customer" has something in mind, but no way to explain it. Some models in every manufacturer's line have higher trigger pulls than other lines. It's in the design. Trying to get a 3 pound single action, and five pound double-action trigger in even a Sig isn't going to happen, and have reliable ignition. When told that the trigger is "within specs" they're answer is to complain loudly. I asked one whiner about this via PM once. He was foaming at the mouth about the terrible trigger pull on his Hk USP, not exactly a cheaply made gun. Turns out that he had bought the DAO version!! He thought that it should be at least as easy to shoot as his buddy's Variant 1 gun, a DA/SA version.

Before you're allowed to complain, you should know enough about the gun to actually say what's really right and wrong. Instead, too many people have only the vaguest idea of what they're buying. They obviously never examine the guns before spending the money, either. Wouldn't firing it with a snap-cap tell you about the "horrible trigger"? Or actually looking at the finish avoid the "terrible finish"? Perhaps looking at the sights would enable you to tell that they were canted? Even the most cursory inspection of fit and function would have avoided most of the silly complaints. When you buy a car, do you not test drive it? Do you figure that the funny feeling when you apply the brakes will just "go away"? Or that the spots in the paint will fix themselves? Of course not, they're all fixed BEFORE you plunk down your money, or you get another car. Or, maybe these people don't, and they're also haunting auto forums with similar tales of woe. :D :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
JR said:
Before you're allowed to complain, you should know enough about the gun to actually say what's really right and wrong. Instead, too many people have only the vaguest idea of what they're buying. They obviously never examine the guns before spending the money, either. Wouldn't firing it with a snap-cap tell you about the "horrible trigger"? Or actually looking at the finish avoid the "terrible finish"? Perhaps looking at the sights would enable you to tell that they were canted? Even the most cursory inspection of fit and function would have avoided most of the silly complaints. When you buy a car, do you not test drive it? Do you figure that the funny feeling when you apply the brakes will just "go away"? Or that the spots in the paint will fix themselves? Of course not, they're all fixed BEFORE you plunk down your money, or you get another car. Or, maybe these people don't, and they're also haunting auto forums with similar tales of woe. :D :D :rolleyes:
+1. Truer words were never spoken.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Back on the situation at hand ... I've contacted the fella and I don't think he was here with mal-intent. I should have some more things to look at here in the near future.

I do want everyone to know that if you have a problem with anyone here on the staff and you think you are being unfairly treated, by all means, LET ME KNOW!!! If you aren't satisfied with the results then, then saying something on another forum would be justified.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.