Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
16,881 Posts
Yeah, sure, you bet I'll get a shot for a virus that our gov. is involved in.
This entire panic has been produced and directed by your local
friendly politician in an effort to sway the election and herd sheep.
Never mind the fact the vaccine is being "rushed" in to production.
Yeah, give it to me now. It will be fun guessing where my 3rd eye will pop up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nope, wont get one for flu, won't get one for Covid19 either. Most all my family feels the same way.
I'd be curious as to why with respect to the flu vaccine. My personal experience has been the vaccines work for the flu, and the one year I did not get one, I got real sick, and it sucked. I never missed another.

·
21,974 Posts
Apart from ensuring the safety of drinking water, vaccines are the greatest public health advancement in history. When the Wuhan virus vaccine comes out, I won't go far out of my way to get one - I live in a low population density area, and my age and general health put me at very low risk - but I won't hesitate if there's a convenient opportunity.

·
Registered
31,695 Posts
Vaccine...hah! I'm sticking to my regimen of Buttermilk (a great lowfat pro-biotic), Zinc, Vitamins C & D3, and a glass of Tonic Water ever couple of days a week. The best defense is a strong immune system, oh, and staying away from wayward women, most of the time! :)

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I'd be curious as to why with respect to the flu vaccine. My personal experience has been the vaccines work for the flu, and the one year I did not get one, I got real sick, and it sucked. I never missed another.
I have had the flu once in 12 years....aucked for 3 days and then no big deal.
Everyone I know (not scientific) who gas gotten the vax feels crummy for a day or two, the sometimes still get the flu. The accuracy of them getting the correct strain is about 50 %.
Why should I line up for a vaccine yearly?
You want to pump virus chemicals in your veins in hope you won't get sick that's great.... I think my track record speaks for itself, as well as my family. We may be really healthy, really lucky, or a combo.
I may have had the flu twice since I became an adult....I'm 55 now.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
I'll get one after the "bugs" have been worked out, and only IF my doctor insists on it. Government involvement rushing to meet a delivery schedule doesn't give me a warmfuzzy. I think ingestion of huge amounts of internal sanitizer (beer) would equal a vaccine. Have yet to hear of the town drunk dying from the china virus.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
I've only taken the flu shot the last three years when our company offered them for free.

I have no plans to take the Election Infection vaccine. Who knows what the long term effects of the virus are, let alone the vaccine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I pass the screening, I'm enrolling in a COVID-19 vaccine trial next week. It's a double-blind trial lasting 2 years. I report back occasionally, they might take some blood, then they compare the experimental group to the control group to see what effect the vaccine has over time. I'm excited because this could be the first mRNA vaccine to be approved, which would no only help quash the COVID panic, but also advance the state of the art in immunology, with potential ramifications for public health, cancer treatment, etc. And they're paying for my next gun or two.

I guess you would say I'm not an antivaxer.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I get the flu vaccine every year and ever year I get the flu, kind of leery about this one.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
32,481 Posts
Get my flu shots and never get the flu. Been doing that for over 30 + years.

Being someone with a previous condition I will investigate before getting a vaccine. However I may well get it.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,840 Posts
Why Not?

The military shot me up with everything they could think of.

It will either kill me or cure me.

Problem solved.

·
21,974 Posts
Im pretty sure that just about 90% of all Zombie books begin with a rushed vaccine.....i think ill pass.
Hope you don't get your firearms knowledge from the entertainment industry too...

Porsis, where can I sign up?

Reactions: BangBang

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
What the real deal will be, it will be "better than nothing". Uncorroborated information so far that I seen "out there" it will be less than 50% effective and maybe less than that in regards to a persons physical make up. I'll get one but I'll wait a long a possible to see how other fair afterwards.

The main thing to keep in the back of your head, is this is going to be ongoing and out there "BEYOND" next year... regardless of a vax. There has been A LOT of impact to companies (look at airlines and also hotel chains) and also companies who support those business. Remember folks, this is a "slow linked chain event". If the infections still increase, you will see companies not having enough staff to run companies. Also to think about, what happens if certain trucking companies shutdown and stock starts to run out in stores? I think many of you folks here have and still are stocking up supplies, and I think that is a very smart thing to do. My 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts