·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
That's what needs to happen!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Gotta love the idiot families comments. We wont be seeing much of this at all with what BLM and ANTIFA want, we will see hostage throat slit, suspect runs after and wounds or kills Social Worker. Suspect survives to do it again til someone takes him out.

·
Super Moderator
19,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BLM is pronounced BM (L is silent) in my neck of the woods. Since they don't care about lives why pronounce it and give them credit?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Gotta love the idiot families comments. We wont be seeing much of this at all with what BLM and ANTIFA want, we will see hostage throat slit, suspect runs after and wounds or kills Social Worker. Suspect survives to do it again til someone takes him out.
I agree. The comments of the family are completely asinine.

We feel that the actions taken in this altercation was unnecessary. Andrew was not in his right state of mind but he never wanted to hurt anyone. He had a history with law enforcement but that doesn't make him in any way less of a person. This could have been prevented by taking a few extra minutes or hour to talk him down if that’s what it would take. In our opinion it did not look like a hostage situation, rather Andrew leaning on his friend for support because it appeared that he was is some way hurt.

“They should have taken more time to talk instead of shoot and that’s gotta change,” the family said.
I'm sorry that their relative was crazy and/or high and had a criminal history, but putting the hostage through an hour of waiting to see if his throat would be slit doesn't sound like a good option to me. You don't try to reason the rabies out of a mad dog. You just put the dog down. That doesn't mean you hate the dog for what it is. You just have the clarity to realize that a mad dog cannot be allow to run around biting people and you do what needs to be done.

·
Registered
14,608 Posts
The second officer in the video isn't the one I'd want shooting. he took several shots that either missed or had no effect and the dumbass with the knife.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
18,505 Posts
"He had a history with law enforcement but that doesn't make him in any way less of a person." Oh yes, yes it does.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The second officer in the video isn't the one I'd want shooting. he took several shots that either missed or had no effect and the dumbass with the knife.
This sort of video always highlights to me how many gunshots a human being can soak up before they are fully incapacitated. The snowflakes always come back with things like, "Why did they have to shoot so many times?" "Why didn't they shoot him in the arm so he'd drop the knife?" "Why didn't they shoot once then wait to see if it had stopped him?" and a hundred other idiotic things that show how clueless they are. There's another thread on this site about 2 officers with rifles engaging two thugs with handguns. Those bad guys were returning fire, and even reloading, after they had been hit and were on the ground! The "one shot drop" is pure fiction straight out of Hollywood. Often, it takes the body and brain a bit of time for them to get together and decided the bullets have done their job and it's time to call it quits. It took the perp with the knife a fair amount of time to go down. To those involved, that time probably felt like a lot longer. Thankfully, he didn't open the hostage's throat with his final flailing.

·
21,974 Posts
Less of a person? What about the person with a knife to their throat?

Shame a life has been wasted, but the officers did their job, and did it well.

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts

·
Registered
18,505 Posts

·
Registered
36,039 Posts
SEE!!
just one more situation where IF a Social Worker had been notified to respond instead of the police this guy that was trying to get his life together would not have been shot!
WE (metro area) had one last night (I won't go into the other 6-8 shootings that happened) where the same thing, a guy was beating his wife in their apartment and Police were called, when Police got there he grabbed the woman and had a handgun, he pointed it at the woman, the police officer acted quickly and pulled her out the front door , the man pointed the gun at them and the officer fired, the man was later found at a hospital with a gunshot wound, apparently he escaped out the back door of the apartment!
see now IF a Social Worker had just showed up instead of the police!

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
That is the affect of too much Hollywood. The human body can often absorb a lot of handgun rounds. Marksmanship on moving targets is especially difficult, most likely the officer only had fractions of a second to see, evaluate, and execute a shot. Many my have hit close to the mark but missed enough vitals to do lethal damage.
Shooting paper from a static position is far different from shooting at moving targets, or shooting while moving and none of that compares with actually using a gun on a moving human! Especially one shielded by an innocent hostage!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts