Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I said allegedly unintentional because the circumstances seem to need further investigation IMHO

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) — An off-duty St. Louis Metropolitan Police officer was killed during an accidental shooting in south St. Louis, police said early Thursday morning.

The shooting happened just before 1 a.m. on Dover Place near Colorado Ave., which is about four blocks north of Carondelet Park.

Police told News 4 the female officer was at the home of another officer when the accidental shooting occurred.

Chief Hayden said the officer was shot in the chest. After being shot, two male officers took her to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Police said the two other officers were on duty at the time of the shooting. Police described both officers as being 29 years old. The shooting reportedly took place at the home of one of the on-duty officers.

The off-duty officer was 24-years-old and had been with the department for two years.

The other two officers have been with the department for just under two years.
:???:

https://www.kmov.com/st-louis-polic...cle_804c8c70-1fae-11e9-ab7e-932d2cd585b0.html

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Question as to why they're at the home of the ON DUTY officer.
And WHY did an OFF DUTY female officer go to the house of two ON DUTY male officers at 1AM? And WHY was a gun being handled in an apparent social setting at 1AM? Not jumping to conclusions but I am jumping to questions.

·
Registered
37,059 Posts
And WHY did an OFF DUTY female officer go to the house of two ON DUTY male officers at 1AM? And WHY was a gun being handled in an apparent social setting at 1AM? Not jumping to conclusions but I am jumping to questions.
well we (Clayton County anyway) had a very similar thing happen about 2 or so years ago.
seems the ever popular Sheriff shot a woman during the night with his duty weapon while at her house visiting.
his story was that she was interested in getting a firearm for protection and he was instructing her on how to sue it-- I guess he forgot to unload the gun, forgot to NOT point it at her, forgot that a range was a good place to practice, etc-etc-etc--so much for certification and required training I guess.
My guess is that due to the cutback on spending for training that all the Police officers decided to gather at the one cops house and have a little on the job firearms training???
maybe they were planning on doing some physical fitness workouts later as well?

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Well, we'll probably have at least four versions to pick from.
1) A story from the cop that did the shooting.
2) A story from the cop that helped take her to the hospital.
3) A story from the official investigation.
4) The truth (which we will never know).

There could be yet another story if there was another officer involved (since I assume the shooter was one of the officers that took her to the hospital).

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
The "official" report will tell us.
The truth is something only two can tell and ever know if is been told.

·
Registered
14,914 Posts
Well, we won't be hearing her side of the story. :(

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
well we (Clayton County anyway) had a very similar thing happen about 2 or so years ago.
seems the ever popular Sheriff shot a woman during the night with his duty weapon while at her house visiting.
his story was that she was interested in getting a firearm for protection and he was instructing her on how to sue it — I guess he forgot to unload the gun, forgot to NOT point it at her, forgot that a range was a good place to practice, etc-etc-etc--so much for certification and required training I guess.
My guess is that due to the cutback on spending for training that all the Police officers decided to gather at the one cops house and have a little on the job firearms training???
maybe they were planning on doing some physical fitness workouts later as well?
So, he was teaching her how to “SUE” it? Well, I guess joke was on him then . . .

·
Registered
6,940 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts

·
Registered
15,351 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Russian Roulette. They were playing Russian Roulette. And I thought being a cop required intelligence.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...cle_4a9e9c9a-0b41-56e3-9f11-41b547a2e4dc.html

Of course, it could be a cover story.

Well, at least one of the three wasn't stupid, although IMO he should've done more than just what he allegedly did.

Hendren’s partner told Hendren and Alix “that they shouldn’t be playing with guns and that they were police officers,” police said in the statement.

“He felt uncomfortable with them playing with guns and didn’t want to have any part of it and started to leave."
Hendren took the gun back and pulled the trigger.
“As [Hendren's partner] left the room but before leaving the apartment, he heard a shot," police said.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ath-katlyn-alix-nathaniel-hendren/2683566002/

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Stupid people. you don't try to play Russian Roulette with a semi-auto handgun. Once again, Darwin is smiling and filling out the award.
In the article, it wasn't a semi-auto. It was a revolver.

Classic line from the article: "Officer Nathaniel R. Hendren, 29, is accused in the shooting of Officer Katlyn Alix, 24, while they were playing with a gun."

From the way the article is written, Hendren put one bullet in the revolver, spun the cylinder, closed it (I winced a little at this), then pointed it at Alix and pulled the trigger. Nothing.

Then Alix took the revolver, pointed it at Hendren (no spinning), and pulled the trigger. Nothing.

Then Hendren took it, pointed it at Alix (again, no spinning mentioned), and pulled the trigger. Bang.

For all practical purposes, it started as Russian Roulette and turned into a game of chicken.

Play stupid games, you get stupid prizes.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
You know......my grandfather thought our generation was doomed.......

......this Tide-Pod eating, Kardashian worshiping, social media addicted generation is turning me into my grandfather.

·
Administrator
40,554 Posts
Possible it's some kind of cover up story. Having said that, I can't help but wonder what role alcohol and drugs might have played.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Possible it's some kind of cover up story. Having said that, I can't help but wonder what role alcohol and drugs might have played.
Movie line: Two dirty Cops are about to get exposed by a young, naive cop and they couldn't have her do that.

Do you ring someone's doorbell very early in the morning to play Russian Roulette?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts