34,138 Posts
Re: cool video

That's Airwrench doing his thing!

·
Registered
421 Posts

Nice Video!

If anyone is ever in the Seattle/Everett area, please take the Boeing Everett plant tour, it is ABSOLUTELY amazing! It's been several years since I have been, but I remember being awe struck by the sheer size of the buildings, a 747 literally looks small on the main assembly line. :eek:

The 787's first flight was on my birthday in 2009, a really nice treat especially because my Mom works for Boeing. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts

Very cool video! I have a good friend that is a captain for Southwest and every year he visits the fourth grade class at the school near his home and mentors them a bit about being a pilot. The school calls it the "adopt a pilot" program. For the past four years he has asked me to come help him with the last day of the program when they visit the maintenance hangar at Southwest and get up close with one of the aircraft. He always has me sit in the cockpit & answer questions as the kids come in three at a time, while he talks to the group in the cabin.

Last year, the plane we were checking out was brand new from Seattle, the only flight time on the airframe was the flight down. Southwest uses a lot of real leather in the cabin, and I'll never forget the "new car" smell times 300!

Me in the drivers seat:

·
Registered
34,138 Posts

Cool picture! Now all you need is a very tall "carhop" to take your order!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts

Cool video. Amazing seeing something like that go together. Figured it would take longer than a couple of minutes to piece one together though ;)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

pretty neat! wonder how many feet of wiring and cables go in one of those?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts

BigSkiff™ said:
Cool picture! Now all you need is a very tall "carhop" to take your order!
I'm just glad I wasn't opening the window to hand my credit card to the guy that topped off the fuel! ;)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts

Another awesome video.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts

Vary cool video!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts