1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
28,104 Posts
I'd feel a lot better about it if there were a layer of steel - even just sheet steel - instead of just fiberboard.
The only security in this product is obscurity, might as well hide the gun in the couch cushion.

* Mirror backed with a Masonite panel to prevent access in the event the mirror is broken

Oh, and a single layer of fiberboard isn't going to provide any fire protection at all.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
This is a really great idea - - - - - BUT why not in steel? I don't have a large gun safe, primarily because of cost and weight, and if something like this was made in secure steel with a sturdy lock, I'd be the first in line. I'd probably buy 2 ----- really.

I wonder why they DIDN'T make it out of steel ( except cost, of course ), and secure it better? Masonite? Ouch!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Now that is very smart.

I can see it now. My wife getting ready for work in the morning, looking in the mirror, not realizing there is a full arsenal behind it. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
This is a really great idea - - - - - BUT why not in steel? I don't have a large gun safe, primarily because of cost and weight, and if something like this was made in secure steel with a sturdy lock, I'd be the first in line. I'd probably buy 2 ----- really.

I wonder why they DIDN'T make it out of steel ( except cost, of course ), and secure it better? Masonite? Ouch!
There's always the Stack-On "In Wall":
Stack-On IWC-55 Full-Length In-Wall Cabinet - Amazon.com

It's no heavy duty safe, but with a little creativity, it could be hidden similar to the TacticalWalls.

·
Registered
28,104 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Do what a guy did on another forum. Get an old Coke(or Pepsi) machine and convert it.

Reactions: btleslie
1 - 12 of 12 Posts