Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my grand daughter said that she missed the Cube steak and mash potatos with white grave that he mom made befoe her death I told he I tuoght beth to cook that now i am teaching her

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Add some white shoepeg corn to that plate and tell me when to arrive! I'll bring the sweet tea...

Reactions: Steyr

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Add some white shoepeg corn to that plate and tell me when to arrive! I'll bring the sweet tea...
It might be cold by the time you could get here. like normal I made way to much gravy but everyone loved it she is 12 and floured and cooked the steak next time she will do the gravy !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
And what does the kitchen look like now?

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
That is so sweet...making memories is what it is all about. Good man!

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
The best recipes are the ones you share with younger generations to carry the tradition forward.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Chicken fried steak with white gravy and mashed 'taters (or biscuits) is an American Classic. Personally, I like it with green beans but niblets corn is good too. Warsh it down with some iced tea and a slice of apple pie for dessert. That's good eats right there!!!

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
^^ Don't forget the scoop of vanilla ice cream on the warm apple pie!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Learning to cook and to shoot at a Young age use to go hand in hand. Anything I shot I had to know how to clean it and cook it.
Go to Hardees for squirrels and gravy?

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
my grand daughter said that she missed the Cube steak and mash potatos with white grave that he mom made befoe her death I told he I tuoght beth to cook that now i am teaching her
THAT
IS
AWESOME!

I'm glad she has a grandpa (making an assumption here) like you to help her grow and relive some fond memories.

You did have me worried, however, with the thread title. "Cooking with wine" and "Cooking with organic foods" makes it obvious you are cooking using those ingredients. "Cooking with granddaughter" made me wonder for a moment if you had cross-posted from the cannibal.com thread...

·
21,932 Posts
The first home cooked meal my wife made for me 33 years ago was
cube steak with mash potatoes with gravy and homemade biscuits.
It has been my favorite ever since.

She learned this from her grandmother along with a few other tasty
southern recipes. I hope our grand kids carry on the tradition.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Cool Nice my wife cooks or well tries to the next night I "Put My Foot In It" so to speak I add real flavor kids rip it apart Wife asked the kids what was the difference the look when "his feet taste better" was the answer PRICELESS

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Cooking over here is broken down to some things my wife cooks amazingly well, some things I cook pretty well and some things we collaborate on that taste good. The other lessor mentioned category is "stuff our daughter cooks because we're too damned lazy to want to cook that night" and those are decent but should develop over time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts