1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
40,518 Posts
Best bacon I ever had was thick cut bacon deep fried in 425° peanut oil. Quick, crispy, and not dried out. Restaurant I used to work at used this method to cook bacon as they needed it.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Registered
24,618 Posts
We use the oven method. Nice and crispy and not greasy.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I've always used a cast iron skillet for cooking bacon and 80% of other stove top meals.
I'm trying the oven method in the morning.
I have 30# of bacon in the freezer just waiting to be cooked.

Reactions: ozzy

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Paper towel and microwave = instant bacon samich... Yum

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've always used a cast iron skillet for cooking bacon and 80% of other stove top meals.
I'm trying the oven method in the morning.
I have 30# of bacon in the freezer just waiting to be cooked.
Damn!!! Thirty pounds?!?! :D

Reactions: ozzy and rodfair

·
Registered
675 Posts
Damn!!! Thirty pounds?!?! :D
Yep.
My local grocery store has 10# boxes of thick sliced bacon for $21. Compare that to 12 oz. for $3.89. A no brainer.
I buy 3 boxes and separate them into 1-1/2 lb. lots and freeze it in FoodSaver bags.
Lasts forever.

Reactions: Mrlucky353 and ozzy

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
Seriously though, is there any way to make bacon not taste good?

·
Super Moderator
26,971 Posts
Best bacon I ever had was thick cut bacon deep fried in 425° peanut oil. Quick, crispy, and not dried out. Restaurant I used to work at used this method to cook bacon as they needed it.
Also, next time you cook fries...bacon flavored!

Reactions: ozzy

·
Super Moderator
26,971 Posts
Yep.
My local grocery store has 10# boxes of thick sliced bacon for $21. Compare that to 12 oz. for $3.89. A no brainer.
I buy 3 boxes and separate them into 1-1/2 lb. lots and freeze it in FoodSaver bags.
Lasts forever.
We could not do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shall we say...we are a bacon family!

·
Registered
675 Posts
I tried the oven cooked method this morning. My opinion now is that's the only way to cook it.
YUMMY except for the crappy tomatoes.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I tried the oven cooked method this morning. My opinion now is that's the only way to cook it.
YUMMY except for the crappy tomatoes.
Still with the maters! :rolleyes: Enough of the bacon and the maters will fall back in the flavor profile. :thumb:

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
BTW, I just started another 10# of belly for that pork awesomeness! Will be ready for a cold smoke in a few weeks.

·
Super Moderator
40,518 Posts
Also, next time you cook fries...bacon flavored!
Sounds good.

Actually 100% peanut oil has minimal flavor transfer if any. For example you ca cook fish in 100% peanut oil, then cook chicken i it and the chicken will not have that fish smell/taste. The better seafood restaurants down here in the Keys still use 100% peanut oil. Most have switched to a blend and can't figure out why the food is no where near as good as it used to be.

·
Super Moderator
36,099 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts